That's Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Do they really sell beer for softball games?

Yes. BLDs have a full bar, actually. Where a lot of softball fields are on city-owned land, and drinking is usually prohibited, BLD facilities are privately owned. I would bet the food and beverage side of the business is, by far, their largest revenue stream.

Jun 11, 2013
I hate to hear the word fail. Unless they just didn't try they might get beat sometimes but it's not a fail.

As far as Beer goes most places you play at in NV has beer. Usually no gambling though.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Team is off to a rough start.

Softball is a great place for hardships (as opposed to reality... jobs, relationships, school, etc).

Ironically the kid is actually figuring it out on the softball field :)

With good parenting and coaching, kids can learn a lot of lessons they will use later in life without realizing it. But they need good guidance to help them through the ups and downs. The problem is being okay watching them struggle. It's tough. I'm a pitchers parent, trust me....I get it - lol

Oct 4, 2018
I hate to hear the word fail. Unless they just didn't try they might get beat sometimes but it's not a fail.

As far as Beer goes most places you play at in NV has beer. Usually no gambling though.

No gambling on 8U travel games? Man, that stinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid