Thanks DFP, European SB Player of the Year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
Thanks DFP (Boardmember, JavaSource, Rick Pauly). Three and half years ago I moved to Europe and somehow got caught up coaching the girls HS softball team here at Kapaun Air Base which is close to the city of Kaiserslautern Germany. When I got there the season was already half way finished. The senior pitcher was a mess and they had two freshmen prospects that were non-serviceable. Ten years earlier I was a pretty decent Hello Elbow pitching coach in Shreveport/Bossier LA. So I got started with the two freshmen. One of the girl's parent, made me promise not to put her back on the mound until she could actually pitch. I went to work. My first six months with her I was doing all the usual wrist flips drills etc and no understanding of drive mechanics. Then I found this website, took my beatings from Boardmember and others and I drank the cool aid. Rick Pauly and JavaSource (Mike) are my mentors and helped me understand. Between my learning from you guys and Tori's hard work she earned the title of best in Europe. Thanks to all of you guys...she's as much a product of all of you as she is of me. The following link is a write-up on her in the military's newspaper. Thanks again.

Liggins' work pays off in dominating season - Sports - Stripes

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06