Texas high school/club ball rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Looks like my kid is moving to Texas and will be teaching high school there and coaching the schools softball team. I know some states have rules regarding a high school coach also coaching club ball. Anyone here familiar with the Texas rules?

Feb 14, 2014
I'm in SE Texas. I know my son's junior high basketball coaches can coach Little Dribblers basketball (similar to LL), but only those age groups not eligible for school ball. Our state rules mostly revolve around football and trying to even their playing fields.

Jun 22, 2008
I havent read it in detail, but it appears while she can coach club ball she cannot coach any players who are within the schools attendance zone.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I havent read it in detail, but it appears while she can coach club ball she cannot coach any players who are within the schools attendance zone.

This is correct.
I will add that they can not directly coach the player. Our organization owner and gold HC is also a high school HC. He can't work with any of our girls who live in his district. They can play for the organization, but just can't work with him. Obviously this means they can play for the organization, but can't play on his gold team.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
That makes it kind of interesting because I believe the school she is going to teach at is an open enrollment school, what they refer to here as a magnet school. Guess she will have to talk with the athletic association to see if they consider the entire city the schools attendance zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi