Tewks' running start and Jaime Cervallos' slot position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
I am sure this has been commented on before. Maybe someone even has a link?

In reading the epic toe touch as heel plant as checkpoint thread, the more I read it, the more I got the feeling that the hands still working independently of the hips as the hips start to rotate, working the barrel down a bit more behind the batter, instead of the more slicing path of a Torres, was part of what Tewks was looking for with his running start.

He eventually defined it, but not in terms of any checkpoints. He seemed to shy away from doing that. However, in some of the AB blog entries, he indeed seems to mention that as a checkpoint for what he is looking for.

That got me to thinking of Positional Hitting, published a year and half or so, I think, before the thread (not saying Tewks didn't get on board with this earlier than the thread). Wasn't the low bat head, behind the hitter even, the critical part of Jaime's slot position?

Are the two related, and has Jaime's work been recognized at all by the Tewks crowd, for at least possibly being related?

(sorry if this is confusing... I've been off boards for a time, don't have the latest terminology)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I am sure this has been commented on before. Maybe someone even has a link?

In reading the epic toe touch as heel plant as checkpoint thread, the more I read it, the more I got the feeling that the hands still working independently of the hips as the hips start to rotate, working the barrel down a bit more behind the batter, instead of the more slicing path of a Torres, was part of what Tewks was looking for with his running start.

He eventually defined it, but not in terms of any checkpoints. He seemed to shy away from doing that. However, in some of the AB blog entries, he indeed seems to mention that as a checkpoint for what he is looking for.

That got me to thinking of Positional Hitting, published a year and half or so, I think, before the thread (not saying Tewks didn't get on board with this earlier than the thread). Wasn't the low bat head, behind the hitter even, the critical part of Jaime's slot position?

Are the two related, and has Jaime's work been recognized at all by the Tewks crowd, for at least possibly being related?

(sorry if this is confusing... I've been off boards for a time, don't have the latest terminology)

Great Question...I'd be interested in the "checkpoints" too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1