Tell me theorys on bunting....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Ok.
Read my post I just wrote how come you/some people don't acknowledge other parts of the game try to bring more than just that one Hill you stand on. It gets pretty redundant when people don't want to acknowledge the other discussion points brought to conversations but that's your style good luck better to ignore that redundancy.
What do you mean by acknowledge? Agree with? because that seems to be the definition you go with sometimes.. 🤷‍♂️

I am not sure what I am supposed to be agreeing with? I have already said that small ball has a time and place..just not as much as some of you want. @GunnerShotgun said the same thing.

I can form my own opinions just like you can...right??

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What do you mean by acknowledge? Agree with? because that seems to be the definition you go with sometimes.. 🤷‍♂️

I am not sure what I am supposed to be agreeing with? I have already said that small ball has a time and place..just not as much as some of you want. @GunnerShotgun said the same thing.

I can form my own opinions just like you can...right??
Didn't say you can't have an opinion that's just you using your silly argumentative tool. I will make this point here to have discussions. Bring up discussion points are things that should be discussed. When people want to ignore that and keep standing on their Hill it becomes redundant. Not interested in being trashed on or trashing on other people just having discussions about topics.
Click ignor is best in redundant conversation.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Didn't say you can't have an opinion that's just you using your stupid argumentative tool. I will make this point here to have discussions. Bring up discussion points are things that should be discussed. When people want to ignore that and keep standing on their Hill it becomes redundant. Not interested in being trashed on or trashing on other people just having discussions about topics.
Click ignor is best in redundant conversation.

Read my posts in this thread..I have made plenty of "discussion" regarding how the statistics being based on averages can cause decisions based upon the statistics alone to be faulty at times. That is me acknowledging your point...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
Are you asking me how to google something?

1. goto www.google.com
2. enter the phrase "fastpitch analytics"

The first result is a good place to start. We have had this particular discussion on this website (https://www.discussfastpitch.com/) many times. You can try searching through older threads where others have posted run expectancy charts and other good information.

Good luck.
Generally speaking, if someone continues to espouse a certain belief, they will also give a link that backs up there assertions. It's actually quite common in most corners of the universe. As a matter of fact, in my search through older threads, I saw quite a few posters that would include links or visuals to back up what they were saying. You are the exception it seems. Good luck.

Jun 8, 2016
Generally speaking, if someone continues to espouse a certain belief, they will also give a link that backs up there assertions. It's actually quite common in most corners of the universe. As a matter of fact, in my search through older threads, I saw quite a few posters that would include links or visuals to back up what they were saying. You are the exception it seems. Good luck.
If you have FB, look at the link to a FB account I posted in Post #125. It has data on a bunch of different things for fastpitch.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ok. There is more to it than charts and graphs. There is emotions and momentum. Bunting/speed puts a special kind of pressure on infielders.
I am going back to my game situation again. Its the bottom of the 3rd (timed game), 0 to 0, no outs. Your number 7 hitter works a walk and your 8 hole lines a double into LC field. 2nd and 3rd and the 9 hole hitter is up. BUNTING almost every time. I want to draw first blood. I think is great emotional value in scoring first in this situation.
Don't want to take a chance on not scoring. Like 9 hole strikes out, 10 hole pops out on infield fly and then lead off grounds out. Now we have NO RUNS and feeling deflated. BUT when we bunt, we score a run (95%) and two runs often. Our bench is loud, engaged and feeling pumped. Their players are tight and pressing. And we still have runner(s) on and our best hitters coming up. We are getting ready to blow this game wide open. Oh did I mention our pitcher is feeling more confident now too.

Dec 11, 2010
I gotta be honest, I feel like posting expectancy charts is like shouting into the wind.

I have them, I always post them, it does no good. People’s minds are made up.

Y’all understand that if you agree 80% of the time with someone, YOU AGREE, right?

Jun 8, 2016
Ok. There is more to it than charts and graphs. There is emotions and momentum.

;)
4OfNBz8.jpg

I am going back to my game situation again. Its the bottom of the 3rd (timed game), 0 to 0, no outs. Your number 7 hitter works a walk and your 8 hole lines a double into LC field. 2nd and 3rd and the 9 hole hitter is up. BUNTING almost every time. I want to draw first blood. I think is great emotional value in scoring first in this situation.
Don't want to take a chance on not scoring. Like 9 hole strikes out, 10 hole pops out on infield fly and then lead off grounds out. Now we have NO RUNS and feeling deflated. BUT when we bunt, we score a run (95%) and two runs often. Our bench is loud, engaged and feeling pumped. Their players are tight and pressing. And we still have runner(s) on and our best hitters coming up. We are getting ready to blow this game wide open. Oh did I mention our pitcher is feeling more confident now too.

If your pitcher is Cat Osterman and the opposing pitcher is Yukiko Ueno OR your 9 and 10 hitters hit like I do (eg odds of a popup/K are 99.9%), makes perfect sense...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi