Tee Work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2009
Here is my soon to be 14 year old DD doing some tee work tonight before she pitched.Some things are over exaggerated ,I know,but my question is what does she lack in a solid sequence?
Tee work - YouTube

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I don't think anyone can honestly answer that question until you compare her movement to what she does with front toss from close range and machine work from about 35' at a minimum of 48mph. Will that big, smooth coil and turn hold up as a viable sequence when something is closing in on her at a high rate of speed and she is starting the sequence based on the pitchers movement?

I encourage you and others to video tee, toss and machine work for better analysis. A good example of this can be found in the thread that deals with the various swings posted on the "DD swings at Alabama Showcase Thread'. The sequence changed depending on the drill.

It is worth the effort rather than take comments to seriously based on a couple of tee swings.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
It still looks good, but more swings are better evaluated. Need to see some front toss also; not just side toss.

I have a feeling she can crank it!

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
That looks nice. You can see the difference from the tee to the soft toss. That big in move with the knee is totally gone. That is why I said earlier it is critical to see the same swing from toss and then machine. It looks both powerful and a little different than from the tee. Now lets see it of a machine at about 52. My question - will she be down enough, early enough on the front side to take that nice big swing off the machine. If so...I think you've got something there. Love to see it.

Jun 24, 2009
It still looks good, but more swings are better evaluated. Need to see some front toss also; not just side toss.

I have a feeling she can crank it!

She can, but still looking to improve. Will get the machine or live pitching in a few days.Thanks for the nice words.

Jun 24, 2009
That looks nice. You can see the difference from the tee to the soft toss. That big in move with the knee is totally gone. That is why I said earlier it is critical to see the same swing from toss and then machine. It looks both powerful and a little different than from the tee. Now lets see it of a machine at about 52. My question - will she be down enough, early enough on the front side to take that nice big swing off the machine. If so...I think you've got something there. Love to see it.
Would already have had a machine toss but its hard to film from that angle and feed the machine.Will get it up in a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207