Team websites and the fall season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2011
Coaches,

I thought it would be cool to share a website you may have of your team and share any stories with regard to the fall season. Below is my team:
https://sites.google.com/site/easterniowabarracudas98/

We moved up from 12U to 14U this fall. I was a bit nervous as I know there is a huge difference between the two age levels. We started off strong and placed 2nd in our first tourney in August. We stepped up our practices and challenged the girls and played against the toughest 14U teams in our state. Week in and week out these kids have surpassed any expectations I could have ever hoped for. We played in 6 tourneys (2 were rained out) and we went 28-3 for the fall season. The girls took home 3 first place victories after the initial 2nd place tourney.

More importantly, the team chemistry and dedication is off the charts. The kids live in different cities, but parents make sure bonding time happens and these kids are truly special. It makes a coach's job so easy. Our parents have labeled the team the "Heart Attack Kids" because we have pulled out many victories in the last couple innings...

Finally, we have made our mark on USSSA. Check out our ranking: USSSA Baseball / ISTS Sports Statistics

I know the ranking doesn't mean a whole lot, but its cool to see us on top for now!

Just a proud coach!

Apr 1, 2010
That's wonderful, BB!

BTW, I don't know if you're interesting in traveling as far as KC, but I noticed that the teams in 3rd, 4th, 9th, 15th and 20th on the list below the Barracudas were all at the Kansas City area Monster Bash in 14UA this fall. The team at #4, Kansas City Glory, won the Monster Bash. I've seen them play and thought they looked awesome. I was a little surprised to see that they'd come in third in a couple of tournaments this fall, but then I noticed they were playing 18U in those, LOL.

The Nebraska Nemesis 98 team in the 2nd slot didn't make it this year, but that organization took 2nd place in 10A, 5th place in 12A and their little '02 girls took 5th place in 10B. It looks like they've got some good talent in their pipeline!

Jan 31, 2011
MsDino,
Thanks. We have played in KC in fall 2010 and had a great time. Played at Adair Park. We played KC Glory last summer in the 12u usssa WS in KC Awesome team. I saw they played 18u this fall also. Seriously outstanding team. I believe they were called Diamond Skilz in 2010 as an 11u team. We played the Nemisis in the 11u ws in west DesMoines in 2010 also. Another good team.

We plan to travel to KC again this spring/summer.

BTW, I know these rankings mean very little. Its just cool to see, that's all.

Last edited:

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
Coaches,

I thought it would be cool to share a website you may have of your team and share any stories with regard to the fall season. Below is my team:
https://sites.google.com/site/easterniowabarracudas98/

We moved up from 12U to 14U this fall. I was a bit nervous as I know there is a huge difference between the two age levels. We started off strong and placed 2nd in our first tourney in August. We stepped up our practices and challenged the girls and played against the toughest 14U teams in our state. Week in and week out these kids have surpassed any expectations I could have ever hoped for. We played in 6 tourneys (2 were rained out) and we went 28-3 for the fall season. The girls took home 3 first place victories after the initial 2nd place tourney.

More importantly, the team chemistry and dedication is off the charts. The kids live in different cities, but parents make sure bonding time happens and these kids are truly special. It makes a coach's job so easy. Our parents have labeled the team the "Heart Attack Kids" because we have pulled out many victories in the last couple innings...

Finally, we have made our mark on USSSA. Check out our ranking: USSSA Baseball / ISTS Sports Statistics

I know the ranking doesn't mean a whole lot, but its cool to see us on top for now!

Just a proud coach!

i just looked it up... THAT IS AWESOME !!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying