Team folds before a game played?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2014
Heard last night that a local (Northern Utah) 12u team folded when the AC took the pitcher and catcher to another team. Everything I know is third hand, but I believe they were a 10u team that aged up to 12u.

Anyone else seen any 2015 teams close shop already?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Heard last night that a local (Northern Utah) 12u team folded when the AC took the pitcher and catcher to another team. Everything I know is third hand, but I believe they were a 10u team that aged up to 12u.

Anyone else seen any 2015 teams close shop already?

I'm in Northern Utah. You'll have to pm me with more info

Feb 18, 2014
Ok doug, PM sent. I'm using the crappy android app so let me know if you don't see it.

By the way, to us, Northern Utah is Davis county to the border. I don't know if your are one of those big city folk. What's your team?

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
An entire organization my DD was with her first 3 years folded 5 teams in August. It was for the best IMO but that was just 1 of several teams/orgs that folded. We have 7 players from folded orgs/teams from 3 different states. Happens a lot. Just make sure you aren't the last person off the titanic like some of these girls were that came to us.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In some areas of the country there are simply too many teams and not enough pitching to go around. As a coach you should have at least 3 pitchers and 2 catchers. If your entire team is built around one or two players, then you are going to be in trouble when those players leave. Losing your best players will also have a domino effect on other players/parents.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
In August it would be OK and not unusual, folding in March would be a lot tougher for the players.

It happens a lot in April in my area after parents realize suzy is not getting the playing time. A friend of mine who's DD is a very good pitcher decided to go to a different org than I did after our other one folded. In the fall his DD was the #1 pitcher both skill and circle time. Now she is #2 in circle time behind the managers DD. He's looking at leaving if her circle time drops any further but he won't find out until early April. That would leave that team with 1 pitcher. It could fold that team up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softball_1