Team bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 2, 2012
I need to request my two new bats for this season. I coach 10u traveling ball. I was thinking C F 5 21/31 but not sure on the other. ideas? Association gives us 300.00 a season for equipment I want bsts this season. Ideas?.

Feb 3, 2011
Are all your players big and strong? Depending on that and the general pitching speeds you'll see, I'd consider something lighter as well.

An unused 2012 -10 CF5 will run you $180-200, and a -12 Vendetta C6 is another $100-130. So for about $300, you can get 2 really good bats in your team bag. The 2012 Easton Stealth -10 is also in that $180-200 range now.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
For a team bat, I would get used bats. Sight unseen I would buy 30,20s - maybe Catalysts. The Rawlings liquid plasma is another good choice of a used bat.

How often will your players use the bats? I haven't seen travel players that don't have their own bats for several years.

Go to closeoutbats.com, you are going to be hard pressed to get two high quality bats for $300. Closeout usually has deals where you can get a Vendetta or CF5 plus for $59 or $69 you can get a synergy or synge as a package deal. I'm with Amy I might get a drop 11 or drop 12; some 9 and 10 yr olds might swing those better. Anyway at closeout you should be able to get more bang for your buck or just do lots of comparision shopping on the internet.

Feb 3, 2011
Go to closeoutbats.com, you are going to be hard pressed to get two high quality bats for $300. Closeout usually has deals where you can get a Vendetta or CF5 plus for $59 or $69 you can get a synergy or synge as a package deal. I'm with Amy I might get a drop 11 or drop 12; some 9 and 10 yr olds might swing those better. Anyway at closeout you should be able to get more bang for your buck or just do lots of comparision shopping on the internet.

Closeoutbats has some good deals, but not if he really wants that CF5 31/21. They have the Vendetta for 10u sizes on sale, but only have bigger CF5's.

Sep 17, 2009
DavidC is right, closeoutbats is a great resource for you -- their two-bat deals are great.

If I read your situation right, AND if you have girls mostly the same size, I'd buy two CF5s of the same length/weight. They will last longer, and CF5 TEAM bats WILL wear out over the course of a much-used summer.

If you have equal groups of big and small girls, then I'd maybe opt for two different-sized bats.

I like team bats for younger teams, give parents a break on some costs and they'll outgrow them quickly anyway....

Just not enough money to get two CF5s; to find in that size probably $200 to $250 each unless you go used. I really like the CF5 too though keep poking around you should be able to make a good deal somewhere, if you frequent a reputable indoor facility they might be able to help, lots of people trying out different things and then wanting something different might be a good way to buy used since you could actually see and test the bat.

Good Luck always fun bat shopping.

Nov 2, 2012
Thanks for the ideas. My girls are young so the bats they have are cheap and not that good. Most of my team are pretty strong. Only two are little. I can order them through our high school coach. He said he can get good deals on them. I get to keep these bats for future teams as well. So even if I can get one good one I would be happy. I get to order another during fall ball. I'm patient I'll wait to get some good ones. I just have to send my wish list in.

Jul 28, 2008
I would not spend a bunch of money on team bats for a 10U team bat. Amy gave some great options.

Speaking of which, I need to inventory and unload some of my DD's older bats. :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Team bats dont have to top of the line...
Closeoutbats.com get one decent bat... maybe a year or two old for 100 or 150 and you'll get a second bat for 60 and a third for a dollar (cheapy wal-mart speacial)
If its a travel team, most parents of travel girls have already bought cf-5's and xeno's etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan