TCB wiffles vs Jugs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
84 Jugs yellow poly-balls run $80 to my door. TCB wiffles are more than that for 2 dozen.

Is the difference really that impressive? I love the TCB gel-filleds, but $4 for a wiffle???

Dec 11, 2010
I have both. I like the TCB's for fast front toss because I don't feel I need a screen. A Jugs wiffle can hurt you. The TCB's still go pretty far. ww.

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks WW. Agree with you on the gel-filleds not needing a screen for front toss. To clarify, I have the TCB gel balls if that is what you are referring to. Now looking to get plastic wiffles which TCB also makes like the TCB 'Hole' balls, but for the price...?

Dec 11, 2010
Sorry- yes I have both the heavy TCB's and the hole balls, as well as the Jugs wiffles. I pitch both the heavy and the hole ball without a screen. If I have a screen available, I use it with the hole balls but as long as I have a ball cap with a visor and my Oakley's on I am not very nervous about being hit with the hole ball. They can be thrown hard and fast without danger to batter and thrower (About 20 feet?) in my opinion. The other thing is you can teach the girls to turn in to protect themselves with the hole balls, if it hits them it won't hurt. I can pitch regular softballs. Still, I never do because I never want to hit one of the girls with one.

The heavy TCB's still need caution- they can knock you down I think! The only thing I am currently using my Jugs wiffles for is bunting.

Dec 11, 2010
As far as the price, I'm glad I bought them. Be a little careful where you use them, they would be hard to find in tall grass. I have 2 dozen which is probably enough but 3 doz would fit in a short 5 gallon bucket so I'll prob get another dozen soon.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
I'm a big fan of the TCB hole balls. Yes they are expensive (maybe they should be gold colored not yellow) but worth it IMO. I make do with 1 dozen hole balls plus three of the heavy TCB balls. I do front toss from ~20 feet without a screen and even a line drive won't hurt you.

Apr 15, 2010
I agree with the above - I like the TCB hole balls. I get 15-20 feet away and throw them as fast as I can. With glasses on I don't feel a need for a screen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd