TB Co-coaches vs each other

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2018
So myself and my Asst TB coach both coach rec teams in our league (10u). Well we played each other last night which makes it a lot of fun since both of us have 3 girls from the TB. My daughter got up to bat last night and I see him start laughing. She is a power lefty and pulls the ball hard and far.
Him knowing that she is batting .750ish with 3 HRs in the last 4 games he puts a shift on for her. 3 out of the 4 outfielders are in right to center field. SS is playing straight up the middle and 3rd is playing SS.
With anyone else I might have just bunted down the 3rd baseline but I just honestly wanted to see what would happen. My DD saw the shift and drilled a ball to Left Center field and strolled into 2nd base for a double. The other teams coach just threw his hands up in the air and yelled across the field to me. "Well I had to try".
It's crazy to me how quickly DD is picking up the game and not just trying to hit the ball.
BTW the game ended in a tie.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
This is one of the best parts of the game, going up against teammates and coaches. Happens all the way through college. Enjoy those moments.

Jun 8, 2016
With anyone else I might have just bunted down the 3rd baseline but I just honestly wanted to see what would happen. .
Ted Williams' cryogencially stored head nods in agreement with your decision

May 1, 2018
.750 and 3 HRs in the last 4 games? That girl is getting walked! LOL

10u Rec here is Modified coach pitch...so no walks unless player is hit. Then it's her option whether to bat or not.
But I would have hit her haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13