Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric do you know of any drills that can be done to teach the feel of what you are describing? I agree with you 100% just looking for a way to teach it. Thanks.

I would start with explaining and demonstrating the right way to do it. Put their hands in the correct position and say "launch from here". Have them hit, and see how they adapt that thought in their swing. One of the big changes that needs to get put in place is their understanding/perception of how a swing should happen.

With some young hitters who really struggle with long hand travel, I have had them put the bat on their shoulder, and launch it from off their shoulder as their body is turning forward. For the ones who like to really reach down and back (big loop) in an effort to give the bat lots of room to accelerate, keeping the hands up and turning the bat off the shoulder with hand action is a very foreign feeling, but can be a helpful step towards a more efficient pattern.

Maybe someone will chime in with a better way, but this is an approach I have used in the past, and have seen improvement.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
'Best dress hitter award:
tumblr_nzizoiKw261usf292o1_250.gif

A poster once said 'ask your daughter to beat balls straight into the ground ~ 4' in front of the tee. Than increase it to 10'. Than 20, etc. Get her to have a more direct hand path. Don't worry about sending the barrel rearward. Get the loop out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad