Swing Critique/Help 15 YO DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
You are making arguments against things I did not say.

I never said she crowded the plate nor did I say she stepped in the bucket early. How would stepping in the bucket early bait the pitcher to throw inside?

I don't view this as crowding the plate. Far from it.

I also don't see her stepping in the bucket so early that it would bait the pitcher.

Stories abound ...... but the truth is that Bustos often had this mechanic (not always, but often), even on outside pitches.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
wDtdef.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You are making arguments against things I did not say.

I never said she crowded the plate nor did I say she stepped in the bucket early. How would stepping in the bucket early bait the pitcher to throw inside?

You are correct, you didn't say that. Someone else wrote that earlier in this thread. You have much more sense than that.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
wDtdef.gif

I agree hands drop down level to ball.
This hitter needs to learn to use her rear leg/hip much better. Looks to me this hitter is quick to get to front leg and spin on that front leg around her body. This hitter is 'dragging her rear foot along with the rest of her rear side.
On a positive note. The hitter does start off with a coil into her rear leg/hip. Also has some seperation/stretch but, quickly loses all that. Again JMHO.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
wDtdef.gif

I agree hands drop down level to ball.
This hitter needs to learn to use her rear leg/hip much better. Looks to me this hitter is quick to get to front leg and spin on that front leg around her body. This hitter is 'dragging her rear foot along with the rest of her rear side.
On a positive note. The hitter does start off with a coil into her rear leg/hip. Also has some seperation/stretch but, quickly loses all that. Again JMHO.

Sort of reminds me of Tewks' "Step Open Swing Forward" drill.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Agree with SL - all back all forward. Watch her front hip and front shoulder - they turn back and then turn forward together.

Bustos stepping in bucket but not turning forward together. Her upper is staying back as the lower opens.

vZzHQW.gif

You work with hitters and so do I...The more you do it the more you have to figure things out. Kids come with all different body types, athletic ability, and amount of focus. Different fixes for each hitter...
Not sure if this Bustos hit was the one that went into the second parking lot that hit a light pole.
Will have to ask Howard.

SL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30