Sunvisor / Sunshield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2013
Anyone have any recommendations or care to share their experiences with the Visor/Shields in general? My daughter typically wears her sunglasses but that presents an issue sometimes if she has to flip the mask off quickly. She has an Under Armor hockey style catcher's helmet. I looked on the UA website but couldn't find one specifically made for her gear. Found a couple brands, Wilson and Bangerz. Thanks in advance. New to the forums, but finding lots of great information here!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
When was the last time you saw a hockey goalie take their mask off during play? The hockey style masks weren't designed to be taken off and have been adopted by BB and FP because they offer greater protection. There is no reason or need for the mask to be removed during play other than an old school coach who has never worn one or tried it themselves.

Aug 14, 2013
When was the last time you saw a hockey goalie take their mask off during play? The hockey style masks weren't designed to be taken off and have been adopted by BB and FP because they offer greater protection. There is no reason or need for the mask to be removed during play other than an old school coach who has never worn one or tried it themselves.

I appreciate the feedback, even trying to slip the sunglasses up under the mask to get them on and off is an challenge as well as the sweat factor. Was more looking for feedback/recommendations on the visors rather than to provoke a dicussion on removal of hockey style helmets.

This is the sort of Sunshield I was looking at:
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...ers-mask-sun-shield/clear/clear/#sku=14795007

Last edited:

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Haven't seen anything for the defenders mask yet. I think it would be a good idea though..

Aug 14, 2013