Strike Tracker/K Zone on ESPN2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I cannot stand "there isn't an advantage" statement. If my pitcher is working to keep her foot down as part of the rules, so should yours.

Even in the younger ages that I deal with, I see it. They might be throwing bullets but when they are made to keep the foot down, they are not quite as fast or as in control.

At a Utrip tourny this weekend, one of our pitchers had started skipping/leaping. PU on field came to fence between innings and asked UIC if she was skipping and he said, " yeah but she is 10, let it go" what??

Enforce the rules, or change them. Don't make up your own as you go! Grrr!

While I agree that it does indeed provide an advantage, especially in the case of someone like Barnhill the argument is moot. It is kind of like parking in a handicap spot and claiming it is ok since there were plenty of other spaces available. If it is illegal, it needs to get called advantage or not. Claiming that it provides no advantage is just a lame by those attempt to rationalize it not being called. In the case of the UIC you have to wonder what else they are willing to let slide.

May 13, 2012
I have to agree with rise call it, it's a rule and she is breaking the rules. HS game their pitcher was clearly leaping . I even positioned my self behind the ump for his view from first base side, no doubt. Got beat due to our own errors not the illegal pitching. Ump parked beside me in parking lot and arrived when I did. "Excuse me blue, it had no effect on outcome but that pitcher". He cut me off "Yes she was illegal, but so has 80%of the ones I've seen this yr. Yours was one of only three I've seen this season that's legal. We have been told to let it go as much as possible to avoid conflict since if they can't pitch legal most teams don't have another pitcher to go to." Now while he was polite and appreciated his honesty, I didn't like the fact rule is knowingly being broke and no call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K4man