Stride Foot: Toe or Heel Touch First?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
For some time I thought the heal, or a flat foot plant was OK for the stride foot, but a while back, we chatted with a PC who suggested the stride foot toe touches first. Which is correct?

Thanks,
Ken

Jan 27, 2010
For some time I thought the heal, or a flat foot plant was OK for the stride foot, but a while back, we chatted with a PC who suggested the stride foot toe touches first. Which is correct?

Thanks,
Ken

Have you ever seen a pitcher land on their butt when the circle is a little wet? She would be a heel first pitcher. The inside ball of the foot and toe is the best to achieve the desired angle at plant and is the most efficient in harnessing resistance.

Sep 3, 2009
I thought that the ideal was to land on the ball of the foot but I'mjust a dad who is still fairly new to this stuff. That being said, my 9 yo dd is still landing heal first. It's something that I need to work on with her but right now we're concentrating on getting the glove arm from swimming out.

Jan 27, 2010
tomzpc,Is her right shoulder closing prior to release? Is she pulling back on her left shoulder(right-hand pitcher) and opening her chest to the catcher as she is entering the release point? Not saying that this is the reason without seeing what she is doing, but a good place to start looking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00