Streaming Live - 18U Gold National Championship Begins Today in Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
Boardmember, I really like that 3rd base coach's form when she comes together. I feel much, much better regarding what my daughter has been taught regarding her throwing shoulder and finishing.

Jul 14, 2008
Abby........Finishing is important.........Especially when the finish is a result good balance and is not a forced action. Notice how her hips and shoulders are drawn toward the pitch direction (outside in this case) long after the ball is gone vs. being forced into a finish..........

29z6k5c.gif

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
Boardmember,

What I really like about this pitch is seeing how she redirects the forward movement of her plant ( the knee really shows this) into her core and then arm. My daughter works on balance and plant strength so that it can translate and this girl makes it look effortless. It looks like the shoulder coming forward some is helping pull/increase the last little bit of arm speed before the arm whip engages. Do you think that the last bit of shoulder/core work helps pull the back knee to touch? I'm talking about what happens from 2 up until between 7-8 on the backside of the arm circle. I am assuming that after the pitch her shoulder and hips are bleeding off tension from the arm passing thru.

From 2 until the ball is visible again really shows the core sequence doing work.

This girls form confirms what my daughter is being taught regardless of different words and interpretations. Thanks for sharing. My daughter will be better able to visualize what she is working on and how to get there.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Is it just me or is there a BIG difference between the level of play at this tournament and the big Colorado tournament from the 4th? Maybe it's because this is just pool play? I know nothing about 18u so maybe I am way off base.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad