strange play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I'm wondering if Rule 7 Section 6 Article Q or Supplemental Rule 33 would be applied to a batter that waves the bat in front of the catcher while in a bunting position before the pitcher pitches the ball. It is clearly the intention of the batter to "hinder or confuse a defensive player" so I would assume at the very least the supplemental rule would apply. Has anyone challenged this?

No, it is not. 7.6.Q is specific to the catcher making a play. Receiving a pitch is NOT a play.

You can stop now. There is nothing in the rules that will make that INT. You are not the first one to raise it or will you be the last and in no case is what you are suggesting INT.

Mar 13, 2010
I'm wondering if Rule 7 Section 6 Article Q or Supplemental Rule 33 would be applied to a batter that waves the bat in front of the catcher while in a bunting position before the pitcher pitches the ball. It is clearly the intention of the batter to "hinder or confuse a defensive player" so I would assume at the very least the supplemental rule would apply. Has anyone challenged this?

No it's not INT. It would however be considered a strike.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Since there was no interference, was home awarded to the runner because the ball was thrown out of the field of play?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp