Stealing Home Batter Obsturction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Since we are on the subject of the batters box..... runner on 2nd and steals 3rd if batter stays in box can she be called for INT? If so how does she not interfer with catcher throw?

The batter may not "actively hinder" the catcher from making a play on the runner while she (batter) is in the batter's box. What that means is that the batter has to do something the interferes with the catcher. Simply standing there and not getting out of the catcher's way is not interference.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD missed a tag on a second runner coming in because runner 1 was headed back to the dugout and got in the way. I asked the PU why it wasn't interference and he said if DD had contact with the scored runner he would call it. Since then I have told DD if they are in your way do not go around them and make contact. Blue included, but not hard. :)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
DD missed a tag on a second runner coming in because runner 1 was headed back to the dugout and got in the way. I asked the PU why it wasn't interference and he said if DD had contact with the scored runner he would call it. Since then I have told DD if they are in your way do not go around them and make contact. Blue included, but not hard. :)

The umpire is an idiot if s/he truly left the impression contact was necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck