St. Louis Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I will be moving from Pennsylvania to St Louis. My daughter is 8U, has played rec for 3 years and played select this past year as a 7 year old. We were going to put her on a "travel" team beginning this summer (which out here is essentially a select team that practices year round, plays against other local teams in the spring, and plays in a few tournaments in the summer). I think we will end up in the Chesterfield, MO area. For those who are familiar with that area, are there any similar programs which have a year-round 8U team, but are not overly intense at this age?

Jun 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Where we live in PA, it is a team generally comprised of the better rec players in the league that plays against select teams from other local leagues.

Jun 21, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
that's what we call it too, from my neck of the woods of Pa. too

Difference b/w select and travel for us is that select does not play in tournaments. Was just about to join her first travel team, but now moving. Would like to find an 8U travel team in STL, as long as it's not too intense.

Oct 3, 2009
I highly recommend the Chaos... :) But there are other programs as well and if you PM me I can give you some ideas. Good luck on your move.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves