Speed Radar "BattleField" Video: STALKER vs BUSHNELL vs SKLZ vs PLAYSIGHT vs ATHLA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2015
Speed Radar "BattleField" Video: STALKER vs BUSHNELL vs SKLZ vs PLAYSIGHT vs ATHLA

For those interested there is a live video comparison of five different speed radars just posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydILU7lxxs

Stalker II Pro
PlaySight multi camera system
Bushnell
Athla Velocity iOS App
SKLZ

It would be great to hear what people think.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Wow. Surprising resuts
I just downloaded a free app, but it was just for syncing up....the actual radar app is on the App Store for $15.99

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2014
This is pretty consistent to testing I did between the Bushnell and a Pocket Radar. PR was consistently 1-3 mph faster than Bushnell. I prefer the Bushnell when on a bucket so I just add 2mph if I am going to compare to a PR at a lesson or something.

Nov 18, 2013
This is pretty consistent to testing I did between the Bushnell and a Pocket Radar. PR was consistently 1-3 mph faster than Bushnell. I prefer the Bushnell when on a bucket so I just add 2mph if I am going to compare to a PR at a lesson or something.

Funny nobody ever takes away 2 mph because the higher reading is too fast :)

Dec 27, 2014
Funny nobody ever takes away 2 mph because the higher reading is too fast :)

Are you saying the Stalker and pocket radar are fast and the Bushnell is typically accurate? This test seemed to indicate the stalker was deemed as accurate?
No biggee to me, 2mph is meaningless. I found it interesting that my mini test between the PR and Bushnell matched this one.

Nov 18, 2013
Are you saying the Stalker and pocket radar are fast and the Bushnell is typically accurate? This test seemed to indicate the stalker was deemed as accurate?
No biggee to me, 2mph is meaningless. I found it interesting that my mini test between the PR and Bushnell matched this one.

It was more a general observation that some like to add 2-5 mph to pitching speeds. It wasn't meant specifically for your test.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I wish they had included a pocket radar in the testing...hard to beat it for low cost, size and ease of use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00