Speed hitter training tool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
My DD has one and uses it a few times a week. We have a small space to work with in our basement. I think it's a good tool to compliment our hitting lessons and team practice.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
If its the momentus speedhitter no. We received one for xmas and it didnt even last one day. The softball disintegrated. I just sent them an email about it. We'll see there response.

Mar 24, 2014
I came across the speed hitter last spring when I saw many teams using this training aid to warm up before games. Seemed like a good product to have another work station (hitting drill). I'm not a big fan of buying a lot of training aids, but have been looking for something to use in our basement (limited space) grou ghost the season. Talked to few different teams and they said so far was a good tool and durable. I ordered it last spring and thus far have had no issues. My DD uses it about 3-4 times per week and likes it.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
I received an instant reply this morning from Momentus. They are replacing our speedhitter. Hopefully this was a small glich. Our first one had the cork disintegrate from inside the ball on the first day.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't using the speed hitter a lot like using the Chuck-it?

I suppose there is something to say about NOT having to worry about a flying ball. Although my DDs still use the chuck-it in the basement against a covered wall.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
I hadn't seen the chuck-it drill until I looked it up just now. I like it, but I work with younger girls and having them stop at contact for a drill has caused problems for me later on down the line. I like all of my hitting drills to involve a full swing. But, I definitely feel like both of them will work on the same issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd