Someone school me on Demarini

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If you are trying to teach her good mechanics, at least use the heavier bat when working on her swing. At her age/size, a -11 or -12 bat hides slop that a slightly heavier bat reveals and forces you to correct. Don't force her to use a bat she doesn't like in game situations, but also make sure that she understands that the same swing speed with a heavier bat will hit the ball harder/further than a lighter bat.

FWIW, we worked DD's swing with a Rocketech. Once she learned to swing that well, she never had any physical or mental issues swinging whatever length or weight bat she was asked/told/wanted to.

Got Cha !!! You got me... it has become the lucky bat, & I have been letting her use it in our fall/winter training... just officially started last Sunday...I'll get her Legit
Thx!!! :cool:

PS: I am planning on getting her a CF9 -10 33 / ??? not sure yet... for 2017. Here's the genius of that choice... she's in 9th... CF9 :{))

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Got Cha !!! You got me... it has become the lucky bat, & I have been letting her use it in our fall/winter training... just officially started last Sunday...I'll get her Legit
Thx!!! :cool:

PS: I am planning on getting her a CF9 -10 33 / ??? not sure yet... for 2017. Here's the genius of that choice... she's in 9th... CF9 :{))

LOL, your logic consistently falls somewhere in between on the flawless - impossible to follow spectrum

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
LOL, your logic consistently falls somewhere in between on the flawless - impossible to follow spectrum

Yep... 2 years ago I was contemplating which bat to get her... CF7 or 2Legit... She got on a team that had Orange Colors... that settled it... Turned out to be a great choice.

We were Tenn. Fans, and I'll be darned if they didn't have it for the team bat, & the WCWS winner that year, & L.Chamberlin setting the ALL-Time HR record with one. :cool:

Of course I'd like to use the team bat of SouthCarolina & or Duke now :{))

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD went to demarini after she had to give up the 1B and 4B. She went to a 33" which felt comparable to her 32" Eastons. It did take some getting used to the softer feel and flex of the demarini, but it is the closest to the pop of the old Eastons. She's swinging a 2013 CF5 (red and white). I just sold her two CF3's which didn't have a chance in heck of passing a compression test. Those things were HAWT!!! I think a 34" -10, or a 33" -9 would be the way to go for a kid swinging a 33" Easton. Demarinis custom options are pretty cool too!

Mar 24, 2014
DD went to demarini after she had to give up the 1B and 4B. She went to a 33" which felt comparable to her 32" Eastons. It did take some getting used to the softer feel and flex of the demarini, but it is the closest to the pop of the old Eastons. She's swinging a 2013 CF5 (red and white). I just sold her two CF3's which didn't have a chance in heck of passing a compression test. Those things were HAWT!!! I think a 34" -10, or a 33" -9 would be the way to go for a kid swinging a 33" Easton. Demarinis custom options are pretty cool too!

CF3's still being used in tournaments / showcases these days?

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
CF3's still being used in tournaments / showcases these days?
DD used them in HS and some showcases this summer. I actually bought them for her to use as BP bats, but she fell in love with them. They were just too webbed up and I knew they wouldn't pass inspection at qualifiers. They still show up on eBay every now and then.

Sep 29, 2014
So it looks like my DD's college is going to choose Demarini as their official bat. DD has been using a Miken Freak Black after they outlawed her SCN1B. Are there different Demarini models? Which one should I buy? She has been swinging a 34/24, but I may see if she wants to go back to a 33/23.

confused? why would you buy a bat? Had girl on my old rec team go to a camp at a D1 after everyone cleared out one of the assistants walked her over to her truck and gave her a bat, literally had over a dozen in a bag said they just got a new batch in and did not need last years model any more; granted it had some wear but this girl did not have a lot of money and it was really special for her, guess coach could tell by the old cheap bat she was using but still crushing the ball. Don't colleges get the bats given to them or pay next to nothing?

To the question she should be happy with 34/24 Demarini's run light and feel light no need to go one size down...can't get my DD to swing anything else

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
So it looks like my DD's college is going to choose Demarini as their official bat. DD has been using a Miken Freak Black after they outlawed her SCN1B. Are there different Demarini models? Which one should I buy? She has been swinging a 34/24, but I may see if she wants to go back to a 33/23.

My experience is that Demarini's run light. I would get her at least a -9, 33/24 CF8. Is it possible for her to swing a few bats of different sizes to see which one she prefers?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My experience is that Demarini's run light. I would get her at least a -9, 33/24 CF8. Is it possible for her to swing a few bats of different sizes to see which one she prefers?

The data says that Demainis tend to run pretty close to sticker (a little under to a little over). Most other manufacturers tend towards running a little heavy to quite a bit heavy.

If JAD's DD is swinging a 34/24 now, but is considering moving down to a 33", I agree that a 33/34 might be a good choice.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

Everyone has given you good technical info... now something else you probably already have noticed.

The Demarini's sound very different. Most bats (especially LS) are loud even you hit it poorly- the 'broken glass' sound I hear people say. It looks impressive when you crush one... but the sound is similar when you ground out to 2nd.

Demarini's tend to be like a great golf driver - when you hit it square and cleanly it is fairly quiet but the ball just GOES. For those coming over from LS it is an adjustment as it doesn't sound like the ball is going as far - but it is. It tends to make a 'thud' noise when you miss the sweet spot. Either way the sound is deeper than most other bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi