Softball skills video Part 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 11, 2011
As promised here is take 2 of my foray into shooting a skills video. I tried to incorporate much of the suggested ideas from the original thread. I know I don't have a shot of her throwing from outfield to home. That's bc I need to borrow a fancy dslr camera to get a good shot of it. Gonna add it soon. Other than that please critique my work this time around. All honesty appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFUv6sY7Qw

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know nothing about it.

FB part is fine, other pitches 1 shot is good enough. I like the capitation on the bottom.

Hitting is a mess, she is not even hitting legally. What skills does she have that she should show off?

I think fielding is a mess to but am not sure how to do it.

Jul 11, 2011
What do u mean she is not hitting legally? As far as speeding the video up I would have never done that or thought to do that or know how. Lol. Curious as to why u would say that though.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why I struggle with fieldicing is it is boring. Your DD got turned around and made a nice catch. Why get turned around in the first place?

Dec 19, 2012
Check your spelling. You misspelled "Graduate", "Innings", and "Avg".

It does look like she's out of the batter's box a few times when she makes contact but it could be an optical illusion on some. The footwork looks especially illegal from about the 2:09 mark. No part of either foot can be grounded out of the batters box when contact is made. Also, I don't know if it's a good idea having your dd spinning in 360's to make catches in the outfield. Is this how she normally tracks fly balls or did you add this for effect? Many coaches will look at that and think that she does not know how to properly track a fly ball. She's getting "turned around" and that is not a good trait in the proper tracking of a fly ball.

Jul 11, 2011
The fly balls are a common outfield drill that coaches use to work on tracking the ball. Showing her camped under fly balls seemed boring. Lol. No clue how I missed those typos. Thanx for pointing those out

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild