Softball is a money maker.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
With the exception, maybe, that the teams are not required to book at hotels of the racing team's choosing. IOW, if you can find a $49 room go for it; without your team being penalized $500.

How did they do that?

There were not enough rooms in the area, to the point they had a very difficult time housing the umpires.

BUT Camp Jordan is a hole! I am really glad that the income from those tournaments did well, however I hope that they use some of the dough to work the fields at Camp Jordan once in a while and maybe, just maybe, clean up the stench from the porta-a-potties (Kit-Mos). It didn't leave a very good impression on the 10s & 12s (future visitors).

Well, Camp Jordan isn't in Chattanooga and is owned by the City of East Ridge. So, unless East Ridge had something to offer in the tournament, don't see why you would expect them to benefit. Not saying they will not, just don't think that would be a priority for Chattanooga. ASA and the State maybe, but I was told that Chattanooga has already started working on adding some facilities to The Summit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1