Softball groundhog parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We know it is spring when the softball Daddies emerge from the dugout...if they see their DD's shadow on the mound, then it is 8 more weeks of being crazy.

Anyway, here is the story:

A DD freshman was pitching JV ball. She gave up 11 runs in a game and walked a few people. The JV coach pointed out that she walked 4 batters, perhaps too bluntly.

The pitcher's Daddy tells the coach:
(1) she throws between 55 and 60 MPH
(2) the reason 11 runs scored was because her teammates can't field,
(3) he has spent $50,000 (yes...$50,000) on his DD's arm
(4) that the rule that if a player misses a game, the player sits a game in incredibly unfair because
(5) his DD has a travel hoops tournament this weekend and can't make the softball games on Saturday.
(6) that his DD had better start every game for varsity next year ore else...

Nov 29, 2009
(1) she throws between 55 and 60 MPH

Doesn't matter if it's not over the plate or down the middle with no movement.

(2) the reason 11 runs scored was because her teammates can't field,

It's hard to field when bullets are being hit at the fielders all game long. Never mind the line-drive hits in the gaps the fielders should catch.

he has spent $50,000 (yes...$50,000) on his DD's arm

What Amy said. hehehehehe..... I keep hearing Bugs Bunny in the back of my mind saying "What a maroon."

(4) that the rule that if a player misses a game, the player sits a game in incredibly unfair because
(5) his DD has a travel hoops tournament this weekend and can't make the softball games on Saturday.

It's ALL about MeeeeEEEEEeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The coach should be able to see that without being told.

(6) that his DD had better start every game for varsity next year ore else...

They will be in the AD's office making things "right." CLEARLY, this coach has no idea just HOW talented his daughter is.

Is this a parent at SCN? It sounds like some of the things I've been hearing about the parents there.

Feb 4, 2009
7) She throws between 55 and 60 MPH and the reason 11 runs scored was because her teammates can't field, he has spent $50,000 on his DD's arm. The rule that if a player misses a game, the player sit is incredibly unfair because his DD has a travel hoops tournament this weekend and can't make the softball games on Saturday and She better start every game for varsity next year or else.

Aug 16, 2010
Finished jr high ball (6-8 grades) last night. Dist championship ( no big deal only 8 teams ). We were up 9-1 top of 5th (5 inning games) i started letting subs bat. Got attacked by 8th grader parents (literally screaming and yelling - mom crying) because her dd missed her last 8 grade at bat when i subbed for her. All i could do was laugh and walk away - COME ON MAN!!! Just when you thinknyouve heard it all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck