Softball Drama

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
I just heard of a girl that tried committing suicide from all the teasing she received from other players on her team. They started the facebook taunting and all that. We played against her team last year. She was their starting pitcher and was playing as the starting pitcher on varsity as a freshmen on her HS team. Our team is putting together a card to send to the hospital.

We have 2 "pot-stirring" moms in our organization. One thinks her DD is gods gift to softball, and this is the childs first year in travel ball, no matter where the coach puts her or how much playing time she gets its not enough. She excelled in REC BALL, but thats about it. So when mom 1 gets upset, she calls mom 2 and they just stir the pot until it boils. Mom "2" has issues, she threatens to pull her DD at the drop of the hat and her husband is an asst coach, who she feels like she can hollar at him anytime. Last weekend she jumps up out of the chair and hollars indirectly at the umpire. One of our organizational representatives told her politely to watch her mouth and that if she felt like she needed to rant take it elsewhere.

Thankful this weekend that mom"1" and her DD will not be playing... I may just enjoy 2 days at the fields!

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
This more of an funny than drama but this happened last season. A 14U game, DD is playing right field. Ball hit shallow, DD runs up catches the ball and tags the runner between first and second. (the runner should have tagged but didn't). The girl runs to second and stands on the base. The ump tells her she out by a tag. And this girl just starts flipping out, cursing at the ump, yelling, screaming, throws her shoes, start taking her uniform off throwing that all while walking to the dugout. Now she's being cheered on by other teams families. She proceeds through the dugout stripping down to her undies and sits on a blanket in the grass still throwing this temper tantrum. Our side just watched with our mouths wide open.

I talked with my DD when side changed and she admitted that she just missed her with the tag by maybe an inch because she saw another runner attempting to steal home and she threw it in. But from our vantage point and the body movement, it really looked liked she got her.

I haven't seen a display like that since or parents cheering it on... Wow.

Jan 31, 2011
What a thread! It puts my "drama" stories to shame! I've seen a good TB team torn apart by parents, a drunk dad cuss out the head coach at ASA state tourney, pathetic rec parents berate my #1 TB pitcher (not my DD by the way), and an exclusive TB team out of Chicago start some smack talk to my players in a bathroom at a restaurant after a tourney!

Jul 1, 2010
Opposing team had smack-talking catcher. Cursing, call names, etc to the batters under her breath where ump apparently couldn't hear. First at bat, our pitcher drills her hard in the thigh. Goes down crying. Coach asked pitcher "did you do that on purpose". Pitcher says "thought about it when I was standing on the rubber getting the sign, but on second thought, remembered that my Dad always taught me never to intentionally hit anyone. I guess my second thought didn't get to my arm in time."

Funny thing, two of the players from the opposing team found our pitcher in parking lot and thanked her!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32