Softball Dads, which one are you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
There is no doubt that I am a #9. Now that HS ball has started I am developing into #8. DD is only a freshman but has earned some time in the circle during a couple of varsity games. The primary starter is an upper classman and is very good, so any circle time DD gets is appreciated. She realizes her role and is adapting well. I have been spending most games standing with the other pitcher's dad. Unfortunately our team has a number of 1s, 2s, and 3s, so we tend to stay away from the group. My plan was to be a #5 but that hasn't happened yet. Some parents do consider me a #6, especially with the TB team, and there are times that I will slip into #7 mode, but I try to catch myself when that happens ;)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'm a #5. The Mysterious...
Went to DD's high school softball fundraiser 'beef & beer' this past friday with the wifey. Head coached thank us for coming. Then the head coach asked us 'hey do you have a daughter on the team'. My DD has been on the team for 3 years now(junior). I have been to almost every home & away game in those 3 years.

Jan 3, 2014
I couldn't attend DDs last away game. While they lost a close one in the bottom of the 7th, she was happy with her performance. I asked her if she liked it better when DW and I weren't there and she said, "Yes". Now I don't know what dad I am going to be. I was always pretty much a 5.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Most days I am 8 and 9, although on here I get to be #7. I want to brag but I won't do it around the other team parents, but my dd did pitch the first game of the HS season last night. 3 hits, 1 run and 9 Ks for the 2-1 win. When I am around the team I am #7 but for other kids, what a great play your dd had, what a great throw from Megan, what a great at bat, wow 2 rbi in a 2-1 game you need to take that girl for ice-cream (and sprinkles)...

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Gotta admit... I was always that #1 guy. (kind of) I actually was an official assistant coach for a few years. I always like to be out on the field and involved with throwing soft toss, front toss, catching pitchers, whatever the coach needed done during practices. Other wise I was just a bored guy sitting on a lawn chair watching. Much rather be out there and involved. And yes, I did always bring my glove to along to practices lol

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I liked the list but believe one is missing. I am the psychotic dad. Yes, I have to sit in a certain area and next to a certain other dad. I can vent that the world hates me under my breath and he won't respond. I can get up to walk when the game is getting tight and he is right there along side me. I can have a normal conversation about anything in the world with him and he knows that neither of us talk when our kids are hitting. In fact, I won't even say my dd's name. He will say his dd's name. Both of us are known to close our eyes and say a prayer for the dd to get "just one more hit." I have been know to almost throw my hat but I do hang on to it. I look like a wilted flower when the kid makes an out. I do my best to say all positive to her while at the same time mumble under my breath "hit the &^%$ ball." If the dd takes a first pitch strike. I just might pass out. Well, I think you get the point. Thank goodness, dd no longer pitches. I was worse then.

Feb 17, 2011
A complete 8.
Years have been taken off my expected life span since my blood pressure and emotions have orbited to Pluto and back around the fiery sun a few hundred times - and we aint done yet......

Right there with you a solid 8. As bad as it is on my nerves, shins, and wallet I would not trade the one on one time with DD for anything else in the world.
Now that she is a freshman in college and making ever game is impossible I don't worry as I know she has a good head on her shoulders and is doing well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA