Softball at the Next Level

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Actually, from what I know of college recruiting and scouting you better be very careful who you approach and start talking ball with. You or your parents may disqualify you if you are not finished your Junior year.

EX: Unavoidable Incidental Contact. An unavoidable incidental contact made with a prospect by representatives of the institution's athletics interests, provided the contact is not prearranged by the representative or an athletics department staff member, does not take place on the grounds of the prospect's educational institution or at the sites of organized competition and practice involving the prospect or the prospect's team (i.e., high-school, preparatory school, two-year college or all-star team), is not made for the purpose of recruitment of the prospect, and involves only normal civility.

So based on incidental contact, if you approach a college coach, scout or individual with an interest in a school's athletic program and say more than "hi, how's it going?", you could be disqualified AND get that individual in trouble.

I'm sure someone who has a junior or senior in school and is a prospect can add to what I have posted.

As for your post, are you hawking something with the three links to a web site?

Oct 19, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Yep. It appears to be a spam. The first clue might have been them using "high school softball prospects" and "college" in the same sentence.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad