Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Tried to make a SNF simulation to show the movement pattern into contact .. If someone has a better clip to compare feel free.. As we know this is a passthrough position for miggy so maybe not fare to compare?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
Is he pinching the scap or does the scap slide towards the spine as a result of other actions? Huge difference.

Well I can really only think of a couple ways for it to happen.. enlighten me if there are others..
Conscious thought until an engrained movement
Walking away from the hands in space
Rear leg/upper leg/core firing..
Others?

I see in Vlad, elbow moving prior to anything else moving.. eventually the pelvis start opening.. but I see scap pinched before pelvis is moving..

I'll share a little Tweet message from a guy that got drafted..
"I made a lot of changes. Went from toe down early hip slide heel drop steep barrel path really knob driven. Goal now is to be "high level" w movements. Toughest for me wasn't leg kick, that's timing and tempo. For me it was creating separation w rear elbow"

Sounds to me like.. ya, he had to think about it at first..

May 3, 2014
Jeez - you are talking about reactions to the core muscles scc - and you think he is pinching and clamping his scap? then why don't any HI hitters look even close to Vlad or any other pro hitter?

Well I can really only think of a couple ways for it to happen.. enlighten me if there are others..
Conscious thought until an engrained movement
Walking away from the hands in space
Rear leg/upper leg/core firing..
Others?

I see in Vlad, elbow moving prior to anything else moving.. eventually the pelvis start opening.. but I see scap pinched before pelvis is moving..

I'll share a little Tweet message from a guy that got drafted..
"I made a lot of changes. Went from toe down early hip slide heel drop steep barrel path really knob driven. Goal now is to be "high level" w movements. Toughest for me wasn't leg kick, that's timing and tempo. For me it was creating separation w rear elbow"

Sounds to me like.. ya, he had to think about it at first..

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Tried to make a SNF simulation to show the movement pattern into contact .. If someone has a better clip to compare feel free.. As we know this is a passthrough position for miggy so maybe not fare to compare?

Your right it's not a fair comparison. These 2 movements are vastly different. Are they different because Miggy is moving dynamically before the clip starts or are they different because, well... they're just different?

Thunder do you see these 2 clips as representative of a comparable time frame within each swing? Are they synced?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
what is your freaking point that each hitter has a different top?? I don't care how they do it or where the hands are when they do it..
Are you really that dense? It's the hitters need to be comfortable where the hands are - at the top - that give you your misguided and forced scap load and pinch. IOWs, you're forcing something that should happen while focusing on something else...

Cano gets his hands to a place. He doesn't get his scap to a place. His hands are attached to the handle. He doesn't hit with his scap. His scap does what his hands want it to do. Get it?

Let's compare this with your agenda. Is your truth detector on? Are you on-board with this fool?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

They've been discredited once again. NEXT!

Aug 30, 2013
Are you really that dense? It's the hitters need to be comfortable where the hands are - at the top - that give you your misguided and forced scap load and pinch. IOWs, you're forcing something that should happen while focusing on something else...

Cano gets his hands to a place. He doesn't get his scap to a place. His hands are attached to the handle. He doesn't hit with his scap. His scap does what his hands want it to do. Get it?

Let's compare this with your agenda. Is your truth detector on? Are you on-board with this fool?
Sure everyone has a happy spot.. and that is mainly at the shoulder.. start low.. they'll work to get back up.. doesn't mean I've pinched the scap buddy..

I can tip and wave the bat around w/my hands but yet never impact that scap.. but that's ok.. I'll keep moving them around until I do..

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Sure everyone has a happy spot.. and that is mainly at the shoulder.. start low.. they'll work to get back up.. doesn't mean I've pinched the scap buddy..

I can tip and wave the bat around w/my hands but yet never impact that scap.. but that's ok.. I'll keep moving them around until I do..
And again,,,, elite hitters NEVER talk about their scap. They never talk about pulling it back and they never talk about pinching it. They do talk about their hands - keeping them back, getting them up or down, etc. Keep living in your fantasy land.

Aug 28, 2012
Umm like Eric F stated.. it's a drill.. Tell me how you tell kids/players to feel this sudden quickness, this just release of stretch? It's a drill to feel it.. you can move, waggle, flail SSC and whatever else.. and you may never feel it.. this gets you to feel it.. once you have felt it.. You figure out how to achieve it w/in your style..

FFS, can you tell the difference between the 2 swings?

I'm not saying you just sit in a Command Drill position and hit.. but this guy comes about as close to it as you'll find.. Is that for everyone?? Probably not.. but it works..
FlamboyantEssentialAcornbarnacle.gif

Where is Granderson's SSC?

Granderson Pattern and Sequence. Much like the others. Late coiling-load-launching sequence timing ball in flight from basically pitcher release with a more "elaborate pattern" preceding that. :)

Granderson_pat_seq.gif

the core involvement in the coiling action is what primes the pump for the release and core action for the loading-launching.

Cheers,
NoonTime

P.S. - The third installment of the BDFL (Baseball Debate Fantasy League) is getting underway. If you are interested, please go over to BBD and post your indication of interest. Or PM me here. You too Rich! :) Beating up each other over hitting is fun and all... but it's even better trashing fantasy baseball incompetence!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
And again,,,, elite hitters NEVER talk about their scap. They never talk about pulling it back and they never talk about pinching it. They do talk about their hands - keeping them back, getting them up or down, etc. Keep living in your fantasy land.

Fine, you want to tell them hand. tell them hand.. but when they move the hand.. it better move the elbow.. and the elbow better move the scap.. You want to say the hand does it.. more power to ya.. I can move my hand w/out affecting my scap..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd