Skip practice for private pitching lesson.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
You don't think sending a text 10 minutes prior to the start of practice was relevant? You come of as not really wanting input on a situation, but rather only wanting to hear people agree with you and provide validation for your position.

You should change your screen name to #jumptoconclusions:cool:

You are the only person I am disagreeing with on this entire thread. The reason I single you out is because you read into things to much, try to put your own spin on the situation without knowing anything or even asking, and you make ignorant comments. Out of nowhere you somehow came to the conclusion that we are trophy and t-shirt chaser and that the team is full of drama.

Everyone else that has added input on this thread is entitled to their opinion, the difference is they decided not to add insults. You are just simply ignorant.

By the way, I had a bagel this morning for breakfast in case you needed to know.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Or you could just be like everyone else and schedule your private lessons when your team doesn't have practice. If there is a conflict just skip your private lesson for a week. It will be OK.

If you are a big fish in a small pond you can make your own rules. If you live in a big pond I can assure you that your daughter isn't unique.

The entitlement of pitchers parents is one aspect of fastpitch that still amazes me. If you can get 21 outs by yourself let me know.

I will not argue that some pitcher's parents do act entitled. More so than most other positions (in general). Pitching is an interesting role. The pitcher tends to get a disproportionate amount of the praise and the blame. I attended a high school baseball game on Saturday with some family friends. While I thought the pitcher was throwing fairly well, the defense was below average in my opinion. I witnessed at least 5 errors and probably would have called more if I was keeping the book and actually keeping track. I kind of chuckled when I heard some people sitting in front of me say "Boy, this pitcher really sucks. We don't have a chance." I was tempted to ask if we were watching the same game but kept my mouth shut. Is it any wonder pitchers and their parents are a bit 'different'?

May 6, 2015
at 10u, I do not think it unreasonable to miss a practice here or there.

our DD (10u) is going to miss a tournament in June, as it the same weekend as her brothers high school graduation. gotta keep things in perspective. as the get older, commitment level should rise, as does their ability to make their own decisions (missing this tournament is not DDs decision, it is mine and DWs as parents).

Feb 17, 2014
Sounds like this was a special circumstance, maybe a one time deal.

Ask the parents what the deal is and set expectations. It doesn't have to be confrontational does it?

I could argue that at 10u ALL of it is important. Chances are this pitcher is more than just a pitcher to this team. At 10u, I really hope she's not just a pitcher.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just different opinions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00