Show bunt then swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not know how this became a face mask discussion.

Getting hit a batted ball from 10' has a good chance of injuring a player.

I might be a bad coach but we have 12 players playing 3rd.

Not going to the emergency room is a top priority but I have found it hard to have them charge and stay back until the release of the ball.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Switch to 90ft bases, a 60ft mound and play with an 11" ball. Why do we have to play with large, heavy, high compression balls coming at us at 100+ mph (equiv) smh

The 11" ball is of the same COR and compression and will travel just as fast.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
DDs team lost two third basemen in one inning. Coach wants to guard against the bunt so he starts them out 12-15 feet in front of the bag. We'll be down by 13 runs and the team hasn't bunted all day, hell we haven't seen a bunt for the last two tourneys and he'll still tell them to play up and crash when they show. Got lucky again in Fresno when a line drive tipped off 3rds glove and bent the bill of her visor.

May 10, 2013
USA
My 10yo is a pitcher and she wears a mask, she will wear a mask until the decision is hers and not a day earlier. If she wants to play she will wear a mask period!

As for the show bunt swing away approach, in our limited travel ball experience (3 years) not to many batters can do this, they are never ready for the pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole