Sell me on a Mevo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
@Eric F was going to PM you, but figured maybe the q&a would help someone getting into streaming youtube. Anyway, how do you send out the link to the upcoming or just started streaming game on youtube with the Mevo? The only way I figured out how to do it was have another phone go to my youtube account, click on the stream, copy stream location, and send it out. I was hoping to eliminate the extra step. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
@Eric F was going to PM you, but figured maybe the q&a would help someone getting into streaming youtube. Anyway, how do you send out the link to the upcoming or just started streaming game on youtube with the Mevo? The only way I figured out how to do it was have another phone go to my youtube account, click on the stream, copy stream location, and send it out. I was hoping to eliminate the extra step. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If someone has a better way, that would be great. Because Mevo requires the app to remain up front to maintain the stream (my least favorite thing about Mevo), I always end up having to use a second device like you described,.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If someone has a better way, that would be great. Because Mevo requires the app to remain up front to maintain the stream (my least favorite thing about Mevo), I always end up having to use a second device like you described,.
For what it is worth, if you stream to a hotspot, the app doesn't need to remain open. Still requires an additional device, but frees up your phone for important things (like looking up bad umpire memes during a rough game).

Aug 3, 2016

If people are subscribed to your YouTube channel, don't they get a notification when you go live?

Also, is Mevo still working without 1000 subscribers to YouTube?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For what it is worth, if you stream to a hotspot, the app doesn't need to remain open. Still requires an additional device, but frees up your phone for important things (like looking up bad umpire memes during a rough game).

I was testing out my Mevo Plus with a MiFi hot spot recently. What I found is that the stream is maintained when the app isn't up front, but the zoom/frame isn't. It defaults to the full frame. My favorite feature of the Mevo is the ability to adjust the frame to the field.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
If people are subscribed to your YouTube channel, don't they get a notification when you go live?

Also, is Mevo still working without 1000 subscribers to YouTube?

Yes, subscribers get a notification all 24 of them! Youtube allows streaming with webcam for users with less than 1000 subs, the Mevo capitalizes on this loophole. This is the reason that I've purchased it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes, subscribers get a notification all 24 of them! Youtube allows streaming with webcam for users with less than 1000 subs, the Mevo capitalizes on this loophole. This is the reason that I've purchased it.

There was an issue with this a few months back, and YouTube stopped allowing Mevo to operate under the 1000 sub rule. Apparently, Mevo got things sorted out.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I was testing out my Mevo Plus with a MiFi hot spot recently. What I found is that the stream is maintained when the app isn't up front, but the zoom/frame isn't. It defaults to the full frame. My favorite feature of the Mevo is the ability to adjust the frame to the field.

Interesting. I will certainly test this, with and without the boost device. Thanks for the added variable I hadn't considered.

Feb 26, 2018
I only see a YouTube link for the SidelineHD. Does he have a site or he just testing a solution? Everything I have researched is for broadcast (expensive or clumsy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, sorry for being late on this... answer is YES!

Our service adds livestreaming scoreboards from GameChanger, iScore, and Pocket Radar feeds. You simply point your camera's livestream feed to sidelineHD and we take care of the rest.

This is an example clip. It was 100% live, with virtual scoreboard + radar:
Sideline_HD___Facebook.png

I'm in BETA right now with a number of teams. @EcoT is OK with me sharing this link to all his team's games:
http://sidelinehd.com/s/WascoDiamondsWM_16U_CLUB_spr20
Sometimes he gets good bandwidth, sometimes he doesn't (streaming life). But these games are much more watchable. After a bit of this you'll wish the D1 teams streamed with radar, baserunner ID, and lineup too.

Most of my beta teams run Mevo (for reasons that @Josh Greer posted), but my system sidesteps the Vimeo overlay solution. Overlays are applied in the cloud, automatically. There is no need for the live-streamer to do / type anything during the game. Point your camera's feed to sidelineHD, push RECORD, enjoy the game.

Here's more information: sidelineHD.com/doc/info. Thanks to @Eric F, @Josh Greer, @JayIndy and many others here whose posts helped me convert my video obsession into something that I hope can be used by the greater community.

I'm running a (free) beta program right now as we continue to refine the system. We do have a long waitlist right now but I would encourage you to apply because we sometimes pick teams to help us test specific equipment types or geographic regions. (If you apply, pls mention DFP in the comment field!)

Let me know if you have any questions. Or check out sidelineHD.com next weekend to follow a live game!

Ben

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00