Sell me on a Mevo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2016
These are the two items that make my mounting rig...
amazon.com/gp/product/B071HPDCJ3
amazon.com/gp/product/B07NBQF4PT

Be aware that mounts like the one I put together or the Fence Clip are good for wire backstop fences, but useless for netting. The LynkSpyder will work on everything.

MevoPlus camp here. Regarding netting I have found best recording with a tripod and MevoPlus. I stretch pull the net over the mevo and lense then tie in down so it wont slip up.

Aug 3, 2016
Question about the Mevo. Is there a setting to change the f.o.v. like there is on the GoPro, or does it default to the correct setting and then zoom to crop out the fence?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Question about the Mevo. Is there a setting to change the f.o.v. like there is on the GoPro, or does it default to the correct setting and then zoom to crop out the fence?
The older Plus has all of the FOV adjustments that GoPro has. The Start is a fixed FOV (that isn't terribly wide) and pinch zoom option. Just note, however, that the Start is fixed at 1080P (verses the Plus's 4K sensor). So pinch zooming to compose the shot can degrade quality quickly.

Aug 3, 2016
The older Plus has all of the FOV adjustments that GoPro has. The Start is a fixed FOV (that isn't terribly wide) and pinch zoom option. Just note, however, that the Start is fixed at 1080P (verses the Plus's 4K sensor). So pinch zooming to compose the shot can degrade quality quickly.

I have a Plus. Found the setting under view angle. Do you recommend to set it to wide?

Jul 23, 2015
Mevo user here... I’ve been a little on the disappointed side. I have a hotspot, charger, and separate phone dedicated just for the Mevo. They all go in a pouch that is attached to the Lynkspyder.

We constantly lose connection to Facebook mid-game. When this happens, I’m never able to reconnect the app to the Mevo.

i also struggle to connect to my Mevo if another parent/coach/team is using another Mevo nearby.

It’s been frustrating to say the least.

Feb 21, 2017
@josh or @ericf let’s say you either can’t or don’t want to stream. Can you record and is the quality good, better or similar to say my GoPro 5 Black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
@josh or @ericf let’s say you either can’t or don’t want to stream. Can you record and is the quality good, better or similar to say my GoPro 5 Black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say yes on the Mevo Plus; the Mevo Start, not as much. It just doesn't capture enough data, with its smaller sensor.

Jul 9, 2016
Mevo has a Face Book page.

And a Beta Group.

Just got done getting 2 cameras hooked up and fade between the two.

Can have up to 3 Mevos attached to Multi Cam App.

Also, borrow the second camera and a Verizon MiFi which gave better download and upload speeds than just my Samsung Note 8.

Note for Multi cam use you can't use your phone as a hotspot, but works for single Mevo.

Depending on your cell coverage the live streaming can be glitchy.

Hoping the MiFi will take care of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi