Sell me on a Mevo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mevo has a Face Book page.

And a Beta Group.

Just got done getting 2 cameras hooked up and fade between the two.

Can have up to 3 Mevos attached to Multi Cam App.

Also, borrow the second camera and a Verizon MiFi which gave better download and upload speeds than just my Samsung Note 8.

Note for Multi cam use you can't use your phone as a hotspot, but works for single Mevo.

Depending on your cell coverage the live streaming can be glitchy.

Hoping the MiFi will take care of that.

Does the Multi Cam app only with the Start, or will it work with multiple Plus cameras?

Jul 9, 2016
Does the Multi Cam app only with the Start, or will it work with multiple Plus cameras?

My DD 15 helped me get two Mevo Plus Cameras connected with Radar and IPad today.
Got approved for Beta testing somehow. App last for 70 days? Can hook up to 3 cameras.
Plus or Start is my understanding.

This was just a quick test but noticed not being able to zoom into an area this morning running multi camera app.

But was able to fade back and forth between two cameras and Radar showing on screen.
{thanks to Ben Jur - SidelineHD - Member DFP)

Mar 6, 2020
Is there any way to plugin external audio into the mevo plus setup? I have a wireless lapel mic that has a mini plug. Our team's fans enjoy color commentary along with the action. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2017
Just wondering has anyone found a reasonable cost method to add overlays to a Mevo stream? I think inning score (even if they are hand updated) are fine. Nirvana would be synchronized to GameChanger or iScore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Is there any way to plugin external audio into the mevo plus setup? I have a wireless lapel mic that has a mini plug. Our team's fans enjoy color commentary along with the action. Thanks!

If you can plug your mic into your smartphone, you can use that as the audio input instead of the Mevo. Here is a pretty good page on external audio support:

Just wondering has anyone found a reasonable cost method to add overlays to a Mevo stream? I think inning score (even if they are hand updated) are fine. Nirvana would be synchronized to GameChanger or iScore.

Do a search for Sideline HD. Ben is working on a solution and has some beta tests that appear to be going very well using the Mevo cameras. I would not recommend the paid Mevo overlay process for this. It is too cumbersome and not sure how viable it would be in the field.

Feb 21, 2017
If you can plug your mic into your smartphone, you can use that as the audio input instead of the Mevo. Here is a pretty good page on external audio support:

Do a search for Sideline HD. Ben is working on a solution and has some beta tests that appear to be going very well using the Mevo cameras. I would not recommend the paid Mevo overlay process for this. It is too cumbersome and not sure how viable it would be in the field.

I only see a YouTube link for the SidelineHD. Does he have a site or he just testing a solution? Everything I have researched is for broadcast (expensive or clumsy).

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I only see a YouTube link for the SidelineHD. Does he have a site or he just testing a solution? Everything I have researched is for broadcast (expensive or clumsy).

He is a member of this forum. Perhaps he will see your post when he is around. And check out this post:

Jun 8, 2020
After reading the forum I decided to purchase a Mevo Plus for our tournaments. I used it this weekend and it was awesome. I don't love my set up, but need to decide to go for a lynk spyder or a fence clip. Unless other people have a better option. I like the fence clip, but do not like the price and necessary accessories. Any ideas on whats best? I am open for options here.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I purchased a mevo start and @Eric F approved cheapo fence mount ( Eric F post ). So sturdy and the price is definitely right. I'm not sure how the start stacks up against gopro's, but saturday was the first time that I ran a streaming test on youtube. Super impressed with the results, video is good quality and the microphone picks up everything. I don't have facebook so I needed the mevo for live streaming to youtube without 1000 subs. Works perfect for what we'll need.

Now I just need to figure out what the best mounting location is for games, any recommendations from people with experience? What is the best height and is center, right of center, or left the best for mounting on the backstop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi