screwball issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
If you do the T drill I mentioned earlier, it will be clear to you whether it's a breaking issue or an angle issue. That's the point of the drill.

-W

Nov 8, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Screwball

The screwball is a power pitch. There is nothing wrong with hitting someone once in a while if they are to close to the plate. It's part of the game. It's my kid's best pitch. I would keep throwing that pitch during games until she feels totally confident in it.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Saturday she threw 5 innings and had 10 k's. Her pitch selection per batter
was fastball, riseball, screw thru the whole lineup in a 1-0 win.
She allowed 2 runners on errors, no hits and no hit batters, she had the other team
backing out of the box for the screw and followed it with inside fastball with a great deal
success. Faced the same team on Sunday in a 4-2 win. they hit her a little but not til the 6th inning.
Thanks all for your input. One of the dads had a gun on her and she was a consistent 52-55 mph.
I was very proud

Nov 8, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Saturday she threw 5 innings and had 10 k's. Her pitch selection per batter
was fastball, riseball, screw thru the whole lineup in a 1-0 win.
She allowed 2 runners on errors, no hits and no hit batters, she had the other team
backing out of the box for the screw and followed it with inside fastball with a great deal
success. Faced the same team on Sunday in a 4-2 win. they hit her a little but not til the 6th inning.
Thanks all for your input. One of the dads had a gun on her and she was a consistent 52-55 mph.
I was very proud

If your kid can stay on the inside with confidence, she will win a ton of games. 90+% of your pitches should be inside, Screwball, Dropball, Fastball, Rise. Have a plan against each hitter. Let them foul off inside pitches watch their feet back off the plate then go outside.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi