Screw the Screwball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2012
trolls?

This site isn't for idiot trolls. Go back to playing bingo in your old age home.

Looks like you are a really smart guy well informed about all aspects of the great game of fastpitch softball

I guess I should take your advice and go back to playing bingo at my old age home forget all I know which isn't much according to you.

Aug 30, 2015
Nunthia, I would really like to hear more of what you have to say.

But as others have said, please use the "Reply with Quote" feature so we know what you're referring to.

Feb 20, 2012
I've seen John Gay demonstrate an in-cut and it was a two seam grip with middle finger pressure. For him there was a nice, inward turn about 3 inches. I was unable to duplicate it, although the ball seemed to locate inside.

John Gay is still teaching? At one time I used to talk to him and trade video's . He is pretty good coach.

Feb 20, 2012
Wow....if I were Bill I'd feel pretty darn good about being compared with those three guys.

Rick Pauly, I really respect you knowledge of softball pitching. You do a great job coaching for the Ga. Bulldogs.
All these guys are world class pitchers AA the best in the world. I am not allowed to mention his name but these three mentioned pitchers are as far as I am concerned the very top best of all time. In Eddie Feigner's book he mentions the top 100 pitchers of all time and the best pitcher who was 11 time all world was Dick Brubaker.
I forgot to mention a guy I met back in 1995 whose name is Mike Andrews. I was teaching at Softball LTD in the Marion Co. Fairgrounds. When he warmed up at 65mph his wrist snap sounded like a bomb going off in the building. He had the best rise and screw I have ever seen. His catcher Ed Roessler, the owner of LTD said it was like catching a brick when he threw the ball. At the time Andrews was in his mid 40's, since then had two heart attacks and at the age of 65 still throws 70 mph. He taught me a lot about how to throw a low rise and cutter screw ball. His screw ball actually curves in and down. I am very thankful that guys like him came around when I was learning how to coach and help me learn how to throw and teach these pitches.

Rick Pauly, I really respect you knowledge of softball pitching. You do a great job coaching for the Ga. Bulldogs.
All these guys are world class pitchers AA the best in the world. I am not allowed to mention his name but these three mentioned pitchers are as far as I am concerned the very top best of all time. In Eddie Feigner's book he mentions the top 100 pitchers of all time and the best pitcher who was 11 time all world was Dick Brubaker.
I forgot to mention a guy I met back in 1995 whose name is Mike Andrews. I was teaching at Softball LTD in the Marion Co. Fairgrounds. When he warmed up at 65mph his wrist snap sounded like a bomb going off in the building. He had the best rise and screw I have ever seen. His catcher Ed Roessler, the owner of LTD said it was like catching a brick when he threw the ball. At the time Andrews was in his mid 40's, since then had two heart attacks and at the age of 65 still throws 70 mph. He taught me a lot about how to throw a low rise and cutter screw ball. His screw ball actually curves in and down. I am very thankful that guys like him came around when I was learning how to coach and help me learn how to throw and teach these pitches.

Nunthia
It is possible we crossed paths on the men's softball circuit.....I got out in '89. Seems I was having more than the normal amount of trouble hitting the ball....went to the eye doctor thinking maybe my eyes were going bad....doc said I needed to come up with another excuse for not hitting, the eyes were good....:)
Facing pitchers like Merideth, Piechnik, Tangaroa, Moore, White, Zack, and many others like these will humble you in a big hurry. I did have the pleasure of facing Eddie Feigner three different games, but he was well past his prime.....wish I could have faced him when he was young to make a comparison.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Little work from last night ;{))

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fl7e1-wkbpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi