Scoreboards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
The scoreboards at the Louisville Slugger complex in Peoria have clocks on them. Great for knowing exactly where you're at in a timed game.

That is awesome. We have 2 really good volunteers, 1 keeps a very good scorebook, the other does a good job of doing our Game Changer. They are always aware and let the coaches know how we are doing on time, where we/they are at in the lineup etc.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Wouldn't it be cool if someone developed an app to control scoreboards? Maybe hook it up to Game Changer somehow? It seems to me that when teams pay umpteen hundreds of dollars to play in a tournament and parents pay $8 gate fees, the damn scoreboards should be working. I try to keep track, but it is easy to get lost if you're not the one keeping the book. Easy enough to follow the count for each at bat b/c the ump gives it, but knowing how many outs and the overall score can get confusing!

Jun 11, 2013
We have one complex that does the time. Some that the PU changes score after each half inning, but for the most part we don't see them operate.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Wouldn't it be cool if someone developed an app to control scoreboards? Maybe hook it up to Game Changer somehow? It seems to me that when teams pay umpteen hundreds of dollars to play in a tournament and parents pay $8 gate fees, the damn scoreboards should be working. I try to keep track, but it is easy to get lost if you're not the one keeping the book. Easy enough to follow the count for each at bat b/c the ump gives it, but knowing how many outs and the overall score can get confusing!

The place we played the all-star WS had these really cool remote scoreboard devices - my 12 yo DD did the scoreboard for any games we had to do. We played on a HS field for a few games and they had it so you could even enter the team names.
I like keeping GC or the book just so I always know the score, etc. I don't know how I used to watch games without it!

Apr 26, 2015
I think in the 5 years my DD has played TB we have had one working scoreboard. We have used the colored closepins in the past but we also have gamechanger scoring live so I can always log in and check the score that way too.

Apr 28, 2014
Same as most only had 1 or 2 scoreboards working in all of our years. However in baseball my sons games usually have a working scoreboard.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If your area does not frequently have or operate scoreboards, I highly recommend you come up with something, even rudimentary (a buddy of mine built a digital mobile board he could control with his iPad). The person who keeps your book will thank you. With everyone and their brother asking you what the score is and how you scored that last play (I know...not scoreboard related), it is the main reason I got into video recording games. Scored the book from a distance and used the video to help fix issues later for things I missed from not being near the backstop.

I've recently looked at Kazo Vision. They have a small device that is controlled by iPad. I saw no prices. I'm sure it's silly expensive.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
how you scored that last play (I know...not scoreboard related)

That sounds like trouble waiting to happen, we have enough other problems. I am not sure of anyone asking our scorekeeper that during a game, probably end up having to send 1 or the other parent to parking lot. :)

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
There was one team where it seemed like anytime there was a scoreboard that needed a volunteer, I got stuck with the job.
Worse still, once they saw I knew how to keep track of balls and strikes, they started making me do the books.
For DD 3's current team, they don't know I can count to 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi