Safe Call With No Tag -- Then out.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Exactly how confusing could it be? There was a tag attempt of the runner sliding into home and an umpire would NEVER announce a runner had not touched a base, so by calling no tag and giving a safe signal it should be pretty obvious exactly what the umpire is calling.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Exactly how confusing could it be? There was a tag attempt of the runner sliding into home and an umpire would NEVER announce a runner had not touched a base, so by calling no tag and giving a safe signal it should be pretty obvious exactly what the umpire is calling.

But don't be confused, "no tag" is not part of the prescribed mechanic. I would use that only if the ball beat the runner by a step or two and the defender just missed the tag.

Jul 3, 2013
I thought the mechanic for the OP was a slight delay, to see if there was another tag attempt or runner going back to touch the plate, followed by a safe signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
I thought the mechanic for the OP was a slight delay, to see if there was another tag attempt or runner going back to touch the plate, followed by a safe signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This would be correct if there was no initial tag attempt. In the OP, the catcher did attempt a tag and that attempt needed to be ruled on immediately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA