Sacrifice Bunts and Slappers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I teach slap hitting from 10U to college athletes. I can teach a 12U or even some 10U to put over an outfielders head in just a few lessons. I wouldn't bank on your defensive strategy. Most elite travel clubs by 14U have slappers that can drive it to the fence ....slappers that can't.... aren't playing A level travel ball. If you want to play college ball as a slapper (at any level) you better make sure you can drive it to the fence or you won't make a team.

IME, there are a lot of pretenders out there that are benefiting from the assumption that all slappers have been properly trained in the manner that you describe.

Feb 15, 2016
I teach slap hitting from 10U to college athletes. I can teach a 12U or even some 10U to put over an outfielders head in just a few lessons. I wouldn't bank on your defensive strategy. Most elite travel clubs by 14U have slappers that can drive it to the fence ....slappers that can't.... aren't playing A level travel ball. If you want to play college ball as a slapper (at any level) you better make sure you can drive it to the fence or you won't make a team.

Not quite true but the point is valid. To be truly effective, a slapper has to make the defense respect the fact that she can make them pay if they cheat in on her too far. I have seen plenty of slappers playing high level ball who couldn't drive it to the fence but could at least put enough pop on the ball that the outfield had to play them honestly. I saw a slapper the other night stand in the box with the bases loaded and drive a solid fly-ball to center for an out but that same girl slapped a blooper right over second base in the same game. Why? because the outfield had to play her at normal depth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad