Rumor: 2015 LXT under review to be on USSSA Withdrawn/Non-Compliant Bats List?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
grown ups talking at a practice. One says they heard this from a reputable source. Says it's maybe being considered because of the sandpaper finish.

Has anyone else heard this? And if it did happen (to this or any other newer bat) , then what?

we just bought one and this isn't making me feel good :(

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Haha, this kind of talk has been going around for years about matte finishes...then rough finishes, and that's all it is...nice rumors for people to talk about. No truth whatsoever.
Put it this way...the LXT has been out for like 8 months. If there was an issue...do you think LS would have just released their entire Z4000 SP line in the same kind of finish?

Oct 16, 2014
^^ this is what I was thinking. Of course I need to check here anyway. It's a huge purchase and more importantly DD LOVES this bat..

just out of curiosity. why would a finish cause a ban anyway? I thought the bans were for safety issues like ball exit speeds etc, and if a bat thats new did end up banned. Are you SOL? or does the company offer trade ins or a recall?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The real Issue is that I purchased DD’s 2015 LTX in 2014, I am not sure that was legal.

It is March and it seems like the 2016s are coming out soon.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought the bans were for safety issues like ball exit speeds etc, and if a bat thats new did end up banned. Are you SOL? or does the company offer trade ins or a recall?

Xeno took a big hit a couple years ago for a quality Issue, IMO they did everything they could to make it right.

If it is a large manufacture I think they will make it right but I am not sure how much of a case you have.

Mar 25, 2011
I would think the suspicion is that the matte finish has some ability to grab the ball better and thus transfer more spin to the ball. Accurate swings could produce more back spin and thus result in longer ball flight.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Are the LS bats dominating the market? Typically this stuff happens when a product becomes better than the competition or at least sells a lot more lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd