rules for shirts under jerseys

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
You can certainly wear shirts under the jersey. The rulebook says that anything exposed must "be solid color" and "be the same color". I assume this means that all players wearing an exposed undershirt must all wear the same color. However, in 10+ years doing this, I've never seen this enforced. Further, anyone making a fuss about this in cold weather would come off as a first-rate jackass. Players also put on random hoodies when it's cold. As long as they declare their number when batting, I've never seen any umpire or opposing coach ever push back.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ask the TD if it will be an issue before you write the check. If it is a problem save the money, take the weekend off and go get warm. :)

Jul 9, 2016
Not sure of rule but any solid color besides yellow should be good . Yellow might be good too but I would stay away from ball color, you are going to confuse DD and I will complain .

Baseball rules says a pitcher may not wear white long sleeves under jersey.

So batters can see the pitch better. And so pitchers can't hide the ball upon delivery.

Softball being Yellowish would stay away from yellow for the pitchers. or not! ;-)

Jun 1, 2015
Can my team wear snowsuits like the little kid in "A Christmas Story" so long as they all match and aren't softball yellow? :p

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06