Rejection?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2015
We had to do this this year. DD had played for the same coach for 4 years and for a multitude of reasons she felt it was time to move on. I knew that it would be the "right" thing for me to call rather than text or email (which incidentally was the way the HC had "fired" 2 ACs - on via text and one via email - but whatever!). She attended her team tryouts on Tuesday and I told him at the time that she was weighing a couple different options. I called him 1st thing Wednesday morning. I approached the conversation thanking him for the years of coaching and thanked him for his time and sacrifices. I then told him that DD would be moving on to another team. I was hoping for an "I'm disappointed but wish her the best" which is what a good coach should do. It turned into a very uncomfortable phone call for me. . Looking back I almost wish I had emailed because the call took a very personal turn with the coach accusing me of all sorts of things, attacking my character and wishing me a s****y drive to her new team. I guess the silver lining here was that I was more convinced than ever that DD made the right decision.

Hopefully your coach will be a little more mature. If you don't hear back in a day or so I would probably drop him an email. You want to give him the best opportunity to fill your DD's position.

As for the other offers we turned down...I called the ones back who called us and emailed those who emailed us. Basically thanking them for their interest in DD and telling them we decided to go another direction. Wishing them much success this coming year. Personally I would rather not burn bridges because you never know when circumstances might change.

Sounds like the coach is a real winner.

Totally agree with the don't burn any bridges. It's amazing around here how much teams change and who you may be playing with the next season or two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad