Re-thinking bat weight ratios

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
It is a difficult situation. I'm paying good money, some would say too much money for this instructor. Equivalent to what I pay for DDs off season workouts so obviously I don't want someone with less than His resume trying to interject their techniques.

I noticed the cap H in "His". He isn't Jesus is he? jk :)

Ideally, I would try to introduce them to each other if possible. That way they could understand each other and possibly make it better for your DD.

I'm occasionally faced with the question of what to do about her coach. I tell the parent and the player that "when in Rome, do what the Romans do." If a coach is "that bad" you shouldn't be on their team. If an instructor is "that great" the coach is probably already aware. And if it's a smart coach would already have consulted with Him.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I noticed the cap H in "His". He isn't Jesus is he? jk :)

Ideally, I would try to introduce them to each other if possible. That way they could understand each other and possibly make it better for your DD.

I'm occasionally faced with the question of what to do about her coach. I tell the parent and the player that "when in Rome, do what the Romans do." If a coach is "that bad" you shouldn't be on their team. If an instructor is "that great" the coach is probably already aware. And if it's a smart coach would already have consulted with Him.

OK then, what do you do about the bad HS coach who doesn't know "Him"? Run track?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
It's not that the team coach is bad or his style is bad, it's the fact that over the past 2.5 years I have taken DD to this one hitting instructor and often two differing styles do not compliment each other and often work to erode progress.

FWIW, I was not trying to elevate this coach to deity. I'm pretty certain he puts his pants on like everyone else, only to emphasize his style was different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes