Rankings--

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2022
My message to the Anonymous parent. Get used to it. It will happen in HS and College as well.

https://extrainningsoftball.com/to-...eo-hopes-you-will-read-this-its-just-for-you/

DD got 2nd Team All Conference for her position this season. Here are the batting statistics comparison with the player who got 1st Team All Conference. DD actually had 7 HR's. 2 of them didn't b/c the game was not finished. My DD even beat her in K's! LOL. BTW, I complained last year too! DD's stats were better in 2022.

Head scratcher.

View attachment 28647
1st Team
View attachment 28645
2nd Team
View attachment 28646
Not for sure why it is a head scratcher. The other player had 2 stolen bases, only 9 strikeouts, and 2 sack flies. Those stats are very important to the voters. Stats like obp and slg are just not as important in the actual outcome of the game.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
yes.

I'm still at the lower levels of all this and I imagine it's still a long shot that we'll be worrying about rankings and scholarships in 5 years, but I've never found ranking systems to be much use without heavy amounts of grains of salt. How can something be "incorrect" that's so heavily subjective?
I saw someone post something about their kid being ranked #223 many years ago. No lie. In case y'all didn't know, the TB coaches are the ones that submit their players and there are certain coaches that are ingrained and have paid subscriptions to EIS. Their players tend to be in heavy rotation. Who remembers the former #1 Pitcher in the country that went to OU, Ole Miss now A&M? I don't think those rankings were good for her and only added unneeded pressure. See? I'm still talking about it.

Nov 18, 2022
I am pretty certain those submissions are tossed out.

A lot of coaches submissions should also be tossed out- and then when some correct calls are made all the whining and complaining start when players are left off who probably should be.... but then everyone gets a trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55