Quotes Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
I was at a 8u game this summer and after a little girl took about 5 consecutive pitches down the middle a coach said one of the best softball lines I ever heard...

"Your parents paid 75 bucks for you to be on the team, swing the bat" LOL

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
This week's quote in the team email I send every Sunday...

"Losing a game is heartbreaking. Losing your sense of excellence or worth is a tragedy." - Joe Paterno

CP

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Last week's email quote...for the coach's and parents who overlook slop play because the team won...

“I want my team to be more detached from wins and losses and be more focused on doing the little things well. When you focus on getting the win it can suffocate you, especially during the playoffs when the pressure gets thick.” - Sue Enquist, UCLA softball's first All-American, first national champion, first Hall of Famer

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Last week's email quote...for the coach's and parents who overlook slop play because the team won...

“I want my team to be more detached from wins and losses and be more focused on doing the little things well. When you focus on getting the win it can suffocate you, especially during the playoffs when the pressure gets thick.” - Sue Enquist, UCLA softball's first All-American, first national champion, first Hall of Famer

I like this one. Very Wooden-esque.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
My high school field hockey coach was the best coach I ever had. There were two words that she used to say all the time - "poise" and "copacetic." She also used to have us run two miles every day before practice. One day she finally noticed that we were using the runs more as light jog and gossip sessions. To that she said, "if you have enough breath to talk, you're not running hard enough."

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
"Hate the feeling of losing more than the feeling of winning" Amanda Scarborough

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe only then will you be successful"

"Suck it up buttercup"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00