Quirky little habit she has....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
My DD, 10yo, sticks her tongue out EVERY TIME she pitches....
Just hoping we don't have a dust storm on Saturday!!!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
HA HA HA, I know what you mean. Mine's face gets all contorted during the pitch. She hates to see photos of her pitching.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Timothy--My first thought was that the girl was goofing off in that video.

I once knew a girl that always batted with her mouth open and tongue kinda out. Ball hit the plate, came up and hit her in the chin. Kept her tongue in her mouth after that.

Mar 11, 2009
Pitching with thier tongue out means they are relaxed and focused on what they are doing, thats a good thing. Kobe Bryant and MJ did it in basketball....

Sep 17, 2009
When I was a kid I used to curl and bite my tongue when things got intense, until I got kicked in the chin playing backyard football and almost bit it off.

Sorry, but I think girls should wear mouth guards and pitchers should wear masks -- don't mean to turn a fun post serious, but.....

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Rich, even with thousands of dollars worth of work done to have straight, white, beautiful teeth... I'll take the risk going without a mouth guard or a mask. I'm an outfielder, I need to communicate. My (Southern) accent is so thick even folks around here have a hard time decoding things I say... add a mouth guard and NO one will be able to understand a word out of my mouth. All I can say with issues such as sticking your tongue out while pitching is that it is something that you should work to prevent to stop yourself from chomping down on that tongue when something happens.

May 7, 2008
I don't see the need so much in the outfield. My dd no longer wears a face mask in the infield, but she pitches with one. On the infield, she wears a mouthguard. She was playing a high level of play (13u) when she was an eight year old (infielder). Pitching without a facemask in nothing I have to enforce because it has spared seriously injury on numerous occassions as she developed her response time.

Oct 22, 2009
Mine would make the most outrageous faces. The local paper used to put photos of her pitching in the paper and her teachers would hang them in the hall. It would just devastate her and she wouldn't even want to go to school after a big game.

Sometimes she would grimace, which came out looking like she had a big ol smile on her face.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi