Question for the umpires out there

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Some of you know that my daughter had Brain surgery,so thats why this question is a little off.So here it goes,can my daughter wear a Lacross helmet when she is playing in the field? I wasnt sure if there are any rules that say she cant.We are thinking about next year,being that she is a pitcher and plays third when she isn't pitching.Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Jun 22, 2008
ASA rules says defensive players may wear a helmet with or without ear holes, must be of similar color to caps worn by rest of team and must have a bill unless a hockey style mask. Also says face guard must be NOCSAE approved.

FED says defensive players may wear head/face protection but must have a none glare surface. It also says non traditional equipment must be reviewed by the NFHS rules comittee before it will be permitted.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Some of you know that my daughter had Brain surgery,so thats why this question is a little off.So here it goes,can my daughter wear a Lacross helmet when she is playing in the field? I wasnt sure if there are any rules that say she cant.We are thinking about next year,being that she is a pitcher and plays third when she isn't pitching.Thanks ahead of time for the help.

On defense, other than where required by rule, she can wear anything that is not a danger, has a "bill" and is of a similar color of the team's head wear.

Personally, I'm not worried too much about the colors as not everyone is into, or can afford, to pay for a decent paint job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321