Question about college camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2013
I am taking my daughter to a big college for a camp next week.
Just curious what she should wear? Uniform top or just regular
Tshirts or tournament shirts? I mean she will definitely be wearing
Softball pants, etc. but does it matter what she wears on top. Btw she
Only 13 if that matters. Thanks

ICatchFastpitchDad

www.ICatchFastpitch.com
May 26, 2013
Needville, TX
My 13 yr old DD is heading to UH Cougars camp in the morning. This will be her first camp. She is bringing mostly tshirts and one uniform top.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, 13 may be a little bit young to try and stand out - but then, maybe not. If you want the coaches to notice her I would pick a shirt that the coaches could remember - S.C. maybe. :)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD is off to U of Florida camp as we speak. She is only 11 so she is just wearing softball pants and various tournament/practice shirts.

Dec 7, 2011
If yer DD is on the upper-crust club that she may be with for her HS years i would definitely start relating her to a successful feeder club.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
We are packing tonight headed to Texas Tech.looking at their season shoot they may want to consider signing my 13yo now lol.
This is her second university camp. Wear softball pants and comfortable shirts according to your weather. Expect some great memories.. it is a great feeling to see your DD out there with 120+ strangers that all have everything in common. There will be teams, parts of teams and many girls alone.
Take a lot of $. They will probably have shirts. At Baylor they let the camp girls buy some of the old/used uniforms. It's a wonderful experience.

Sep 21, 2010
corinth,tx
most colleges have summer and fall camps look on their website if it is a college that your dd is interested in attending..lots of these are just money makers for college programs but your kid should enjoy them..check the threads on playing college for more info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes