Quatro Pro

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
My DDs Quatro Pro just came in today and we took it out to the backyard cage to measure. It swings very balanced. It feels kind of like the flex/trampoline coming off an LXT (probably the joint) but without the breaking glass sound. It doesn't sound as spectacular as the Ghost but it did very very well in radar exit speed and Zepp speed. It had decent feel with both inside and outside pitches. The 33/23 bat weighed in 23.3 oz which is pretty respectable. Here were my young 16U DD's results. All are 33" -10 except the Xeno is a -11 (yet still weighs well over 23 oz). This was one dozen swings off the tee with each bat using Wilson Champion game balls.

Radar Exit Speed in MPH - Max / 75th Percentile (using 75th percentile instead of average to eliminate the effect of bad hits).
2018 Quatro Pro: 63 / 62
2017-18 ASA Ghost: 62/ 60.8
2016 Xeno: 61 / 60.8
2016 Mako: 61 / 59.8

Zepp Bat Speed in MPH - Max / 75th Percentile
2018 Quatro Pro: 74 / 64
2017-18 ASA Ghost: 65/ 60
2016 Xeno: 64 / 60
2016 Mako: 64 / 60.5

The 74 mph Zepp swing with the Quatro Pro might have been outlier because it was the only swing over 70 mph, but all other swings with it were well into the 60s. I think this might have something to do with its balanced swing and lighter weight than the other bats. A 24+ oz bat (Ghost) or end weighted 33" is probably too much for her. I'm looking forward to testing again once it's broken in. She's excited to use it in games!

20180505_142329[1].jpg

Feb 16, 2015
South East
My DDs Quatro Pro just came in today and we took it out to the backyard cage to measure. It swings very balanced. It feels kind of like the flex/trampoline coming off an LXT (probably the joint) but without the breaking glass sound. It doesn't sound as spectacular as the Ghost but it did very very well in radar exit speed and Zepp speed. It had decent feel with both inside and outside pitches. The 33/23 bat weighed in 23.3 oz which is pretty respectable. Here were my young 16U DD's results. All are 33" -10 except the Xeno is a -11 (yet still weighs well over 23 oz). This was one dozen swings off the tee with each bat using Wilson Champion game balls.

Radar Exit Speed in MPH - Max / 75th Percentile (using 75th percentile instead of average to eliminate the effect of bad hits).
2018 Quatro Pro: 63 / 62
2017-18 ASA Ghost: 62/ 60.8
2016 Xeno: 61 / 60.8
2016 Mako: 61 / 59.8

Zepp Bat Speed in MPH - Max / 75th Percentile
2018 Quatro Pro: 74 / 64
2017-18 ASA Ghost: 65/ 60
2016 Xeno: 64 / 60
2016 Mako: 64 / 60.5

The 74 mph Zepp swing with the Quatro Pro might have been outlier because it was the only swing over 70 mph, but all other swings with it were well into the 60s. I think this might have something to do with its balanced swing and lighter weight than the other bats. A 24+ oz bat (Ghost) or end weighted 33" is probably too much for her. I'm looking forward to testing again once it's broken in. She's excited to use it in games!

View attachment 12876

Is the swing weight noticeably lighter than the Ghost? DD thought the Ghost swung a little heavy and preferred the swing feel of her CF9 which is a very balanced feel. I am very interested in the Pro but scared it may feel just like the Ghost to her.

Thanks for the data!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Is the swing weight noticeably lighter than the Ghost? DD thought the Ghost swung a little heavy and preferred the swing feel of her CF9 which is a very balanced feel. I am very interested in the Pro but scared it may feel just like the Ghost to her.

Thanks for the data!

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017

Thanks for the data!

This isn't very scientific, but if you balance the two bats on a fulcrum, the inside of the Quatro Pro knob is about 1/4" closer to the center of gravity (less end weighted) than the Ghost. My daughter didn't really notice the difference when swinging but there was a slight measurable difference in swing speed. At least some of the difference is probably bat weight in that the Quatro Pro is lighter than the Ghost (her first Ghost which she loved was closer to 23 oz but this warranty return Ghost is 24.1 oz). DeMarinis run light so that might be what your daughter likes. My DD used to have a DeMarini CF6 32" but it became too light for her. Judging by the bat weight database here, Demarinis probably run slightly lighter than the Quatro Pro.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
This isn't very scientific, but if you balance the two bats on a fulcrum, the inside of the Quatro Pro knob is about 1/4" closer to the center of gravity (less end weighted) than the Ghost. My daughter didn't really notice the difference when swinging but there was a slight measurable difference in swing speed. At least some of the difference is probably bat weight in that the Quatro Pro is lighter than the Ghost (her first Ghost which she loved was closer to 23 oz but this warranty return Ghost is 24.1 oz). DeMarinis run light so that might be what your daughter likes. My DD used to have a DeMarini CF6 32" but it became too light for her. Judging by the bat weight database here, Demarinis probably run slightly lighter than the Quatro Pro.

Good enough for me. Thanks for the info that was what I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish